Chapter Two

ZAK

I didn't expect anyone to follow me outside. This was the first time someone had witnessed me murder someone, and to make matters worse it had to be the fucking cute girl from the bar. I'd gone two months without a single witness and now someone could identify me. I had a reputation to uphold, no one could know that I Zak Bagans was a serial killer, that would ruin my image for good.

'You shouldn't be out here all by yourself,' I state calmly, hoping a calm demeanour would frighten the girl off, but she was still there in the corner of my eye.

Sighing in frustration and conflict I turn to face her, pocketing the knife, 'now that you've seen this I can't let you leave and just tell anyone.'

I really should just kill her, but her fucking doe-eyed expression had me thinking other thoughts. I play with the syringe in my other pocket, which I used to knock my victims out before I tortured them. I couldn't let this girl just leave.

Taking out the syringe I stalk towards her at a quick pace, not wanting to give her any more time to react and come to her senses. I get behind her and wrap my arm around her neck, trying to find an exposed bit of skin to inject.

'Let go of me, she chokes out, but no one could escape my death grip.

I find some skin and quickly inject the drug into her system, 'I won't hurt you,' I whisper into her ear, as the struggling stops and she goes limp in my grip.

Like she weighed nothing I scoop her up in my arms and carry her out of the alley to where my car was parked. I place her in the passenger seat, stroking her y/h/c hair because fuck me I'd found a cute one. Knowing I couldn't stick around long, I trudge back into the alley and pick up the dead body, with the intent of discarding him later, and throw him without care into the boot of my car and slam the boot shut on top of him.

Getting in the car I start it up and pull away from the curb like a bat out of hell. This was never part of the plan to keep a witness alive. If I ever suspected a single person of being able to identify me then I had to get rid of them. Why had I kept the girl alive? Okay, maybe when I saw her from across the room sitting alone a part of me was intrigued because like me she was surrounded by people but chose to be alone. Then I overheard the now dead guy talking to his friends in the next booth over about how the kid at the bar had a thing for older men, and it got my blood boiling about how they spoke about her like she was a piece of meat.

Glancing over at the passenger seat to see the girl knocked out, she looked peaceful but there were heavy bags under her eyes like he hadn't slept in a while. It was easy to see why someone might try and take advantage of her, I mean she hadn't done much to defend herself in the alley. We'd see how she reacted once the drug was out of her system.

I shake my head and continue my drive through the inner city until I reach the outskirts where I was located. I park the car in the garage, leaving the dead body until I dealt with the girl. No one in the gated community knew a killer lived in their midst, all they saw was friendly Zak who said hello to his neighbours and was an all-around nice guy.

We enter the rather large house I had set up for myself and I take her upstairs to my bedroom. I couldn't have her escaping while I dealt with the body downstairs, so I carefully place her on the bed and set about tying her hands to the bed frame good and tight.

Finding my Polaroid camera on the bedside table I take a few pictures of the girl, before picking the photos up off the floor. In the dim light of the bedroom, her pale skin looked almost porcelain-like almost as if she could break with a single touch. I wouldn't do anything while she was unconscious, that would make me just as bad as the people I hunted.

I leave a couple of the photos on the bedside table and take the remaining one back out of the room with me. I could do with some motivation while I set about dismembering the body in the boot.