Chapter Three

Y/N

Why was my head so groggy? I didn't remember drinking that much at the pub. When I tried to move my head a sharp stinging pain jolted me upright and very much awake, but my hands were behind my head unable to move.

'I might have stabbed you a little too hard with the needle, that's why your neck hurts. Sorry.'

I recognised Zak's voice, I should have been able to breathe a little easier knowing I shouldn't be in that much danger, but then again he had tied my hands to the headboard making escape impossible. Then memories came flooding back to me and I snap my head to the left ignoring the searing pain, seeing Zak sat in an armchair next to the bed I was on covered almost head to toe in blood. If his eyes looked cold before then being splattered with blood made him look terrifying.

'What the hell?' I scream, knowing it probably wasn't best to anger the guy, but I was confused and angry.

He sighs, 'I had to tie you up. You didn't leave me any choice. I couldn't have any witnesses.'

I struggle in vain against my restraints, 'please, I'll do anything, just untie me!'

Zak smirks and shakes his head, 'the wrong choice of words sweetheart. And the answer is no.'

He stands up and goes through another door in the room, closing it behind him. Was he going to kill me? he said something about being a witness, I didn't want to die here. Just then I hear water running assuming he was taking a shower to wash off the blood. Why hadn't he showered before I woke up? Was it a scare tactic? Show me that he was capable of murder so I wouldn't try and escape. Well, it had worked. Zak Bagans was a psychopath.

The restraints didn't give me much wiggle room, but I'm able to roll semi on my side and my eyes widen at what I see on the bedside table. There were photos of me tied up to the bed obviously while I was knocked out, they looked like they'd been taken with a Polaroid camera. Then it dawned on me that I might be more fucked than I first thought. Could I be dealing with the 'Happy Snapper' serial killer?

'I prefer to go by my real name Zak, but journalists need to nickname bad people.'

I freeze. How the hell had he showered so quickly and come back into the room without me noticing? I look away from the photos and have to stop myself from getting turned on seeing Zak shirtless and wet from the shower. For a madman he was attractive, and this would be any fan's fantasy, minus the potential serial killer element.

I gulp, 'why did you take photos of me? You only leave photos on the bodies of the people you kill.'

Zak snorts and towel dries his hair before discarding the towel to the side, his once slicked back hair now starting to go curly, 'I can appreciate the beauty in between all the disgust in the world. I'm not going to kill you, you're too pretty to kill. I just don't know what I'm going to do with you.'

Instead of sitting back in the armchair, he takes a seat on the bed, leans over to the bedside table, opens a drawer and pulls out a pair of glasses which he puts on, the glasses he had to wear after his encounter with something truly evil. With the wet hair and glasses he looked like an entirely different person, he looked normal instead of murderous.

'Why did you kill that guy at the pub? And all those other people?' I question, curious about Zak's answers.

Zak runs his fingers through his hair, 'the guy at the pub spoke about you to his mates like you were a piece of meat, so I killed him the end of the story. He was also kind of creepy.'

I nod along, not quite sure whether or not I should thank him for killing someone for me.

Zakl tilts his head to the side keeping all his focus on me before opening his mouth to continue, 'the six other 'victims' were all creeps or pedos, preying and grooming on innocent children. They weren't being punished so I punished them, which included your coach who I believe you were mourning.'

I shake my head in disbelief, 'no, the coach was a little eccentric from time to time, but he was a good man, always there for the kids.'

Zak gets up from the bed and leaves the bedroom shaking his head. I didn't want to believe that the one good person in my life was a bad person. Zak returns holding a laptop, and I recognised our softball team logo on the lid indicating this was in fact Coach Andrew's laptop that Zak had in his possession which really should be in Police evidence. Zak sits back down and opens the laptop.

'I have proof of child pornography on his laptop, as well as various other underage porn and cam sites. He also has a special folder of pictures taken of young kids in various stages of undress in what looks to be a locker room,' Zak says calmly, no emotion in his voice.

I wanted to look away from the screen as Zak showed me picture after picture which made me sick to the core. As far I could remember coach had never touched me before in a sexual way, but you could be a whole new person behind a computer screen.

'Turn it off Zak, please,' I ask quietly, and he complies shutting the laptop.

Zak frowns, 'truth sucks...err actually what's your name since you know mine.'

'y/n' I reply simply, not wanting to find a way to anger him.

Zak nods and stands up once more, 'I'll be back in a bit y/n, I have to do some things.'

Before I can ask him to loosen the restraints he's gone again, closing the bedroom door behind him. Only I could walk in on a serial killer killing someone. I wondered what time it was since the window in the room had thick blackout curtains. My friends would be worried.