Chapter Four

ZAK

Of course, y/n wasn't going to tell me her full name, if I was in her situation I'd keep some cards close to my chest. But I had her purse downstairs along with her phone, so I'd soon find out her name. I sit down at the dining table and go through the wallet until I find her ID which read 'y/n y/l/n' and had him at y/age, so younger than me. her phone was blowing up with a group chat asking where she was, so I open the chat and simply state that I or y/n had hooked up with a guy. And to my genuine surprise, no one questions it.

I need to know more about y/n y/ln, so I get out my laptop and set about breaking a few privacy laws. I liked to know everything about a person, all their dirty little secrets, it was always nice to have blackmail material if y/n ever ratted me out, not that anyone would believe someone of my social standing was capable of murder.

y/n had a criminal record with minor offences from the age of 10 till 19, ranging from disturbances to petty theft and vandalism. It also appeared she was a product of the system, having been orphaned at age 5. She never stayed in the kids home long, and when she was taken out she was quickly returned stating behavioural issues. Anyone who hadn't had a stable home or childhood should be more fucked up. But what caught my eye were the reports y/n had given claiming abuse from some of the families, but no one believed a broken kid and wrote her up as a liar and attention-seeking. I could use this information to my advantage.

All I did to the creep in the pub was slit his throat, and then dump his body in a rough part of town. But what I had planned for the abusers in y/n's past was going to be my best and the proudest work to date.

It had been a few hours since I brought y/n here, and the drugs could make you feel sick if you didn't eat anything, so now she was awake I should probably get some food in her. Plus when I carried her to and from the car I thought she felt too light, so it was up to me to fatten her up and keep her healthy.

I wasn't the greatest cook, but I could make the basics. Sandwiches weren't much but I didn't have a lot of food in the cupboards so that's all y/n was getting along with a bottle of water. When I was away filming I didn't need to keep the cupboards and fridge stocked, only buying bits and pieces when I returned so I didn't properly starve.

Returning to the bedroom with the plate of food, I sit down on the bed close to y/n and put the plate on the bedside table. y/n watches me cautiously and I didn't blame her, 'I'm going to take off the restraints so you can eat, don't try anything stupid.'

She nods eagerly, eyes lighting up at the mention of the restraints coming off. I roll my eyes and untie her from the bed frame. She rubs her wrists which were slightly red from tugging, 'I won't do anything stupid, Zak. I mean stupider than walking in on you killing someone.'

I can't help but chuckle, 'yeah, not your smartest move. I'm going to ask you something serious y/n and I want you to be honest with me.'

y/n looks up from taking a bite of the sandwich and nods. This was a tough subject for me to bring up with anyone, 'have you ever been abused y/n?'

y/n swallows the mouthful of food she was chewing and bows her head avoiding eye contact, which told me I was right and she was either scared or embarrassed to tell me. I reach out and cup her chin gently raising it to make her look at me, she had tears in her eyes and was trying to stay strong, 'you can trust me y/n, I'll believe you, unlike the others,' I say in my best calming voice.

y/n sighs and shrugs out of my grasp, before turning her back to me and takes off her shirt. I'd mutilated bodies, but what I saw on y/n's back was a whole new level of horror. She had what looked like several deep but healed whip marks across the full length of her back, and numerous scars which looked like someone had cut her or stubbed out a cigarette or ten.

'Oh shit, I'm so sorry y/n,' I whisper softly, daring to reach out and run my fingers along the scars making her flinch back and start to cry.

'I didn't do anything to them Zak...they just kept hurting me...no one believed me..." she stutters, in between sobs.

I do the unexpected; I reach out and hug y/n. She jumps again, but soon turns into my embrace and wraps her arms around my waist wanting the comfort and the fact someone finally believed her after all these years. The fact that she'd had her innocence taken away from her angered me; every child deserved a safe childhood. I rub circles on her back and place a single kiss on top of her head, 'you're safe now y/n, I'm never going to let anyone else hurt you.'

y/n continues to sob into my chest, 'at one time or another I thought I was going to die...then people would believe me.'

'You're not going to die y/n,' I state, trying to sound reassuring.

Ten minutes more pass before y/n stops crying and a yawn escapes her lips. Exhaustion mixed with emotion and drugs had finally taken a toll on her. I was feeling a little tired myself. I manage to lie us both down on the bed, me spooning the younger female, and I run my fingers through her hair until I know she's asleep.