✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ♛ 13

komi "picked up" akaashi from class everyday without fail.

yeah, komi was really loud and...weird but akaashi though the company was nice.

and sometimes bokuto and tatsuki would join too, making it more loud and weird.

but akaashi might have finally started to believe "the more, the merrier."

they talked for a few minutes and sometimes even went out to the popsicle stand across the street if they had the time.

then the trio would run back in time for volleyball practice while akaashi would bid them farewell and go back to the dorms.

they did this everyday.

and it never got old.

"akaashi, stay for practice this one time?" komi asked, flashing a desperate, child-like expression at akaashi, to which akaashi looked away from.

"uh-" akaashi started.

he was met my bokuto's equally matched expression. he turned to tatsuki who raised and eyebrow at him.

"i ain't doing that with my face. but it would be nice if you watched us play sometimes."

akaashi was met three times fold and- it was inevitable- met his fate in the sparkly gym. the last time he stepped into the building he was with hayashi.

it looked the same as before. some paint had been redone on the walls and the placement of the equipment bench was put in a different position to be more convenient for the boys.

the only significant change was a new team manager- but akaashi didn't pay much attention to that.

"okay!" komi excitedly jumped to where akaashi was to sit to view the game properly. "today we have a practice match, so this is the best spot on the bleachers."

awkwardly akaashi sat in the commanded spot earning a thumbs up from komi and bokuto as they made their way on the court.

tatsuki gave him a nod and smile.

the team they went up against was named nekoma which was fitting for their aggressive blocking, flexibility, and floor play.

the setter caught akaashi's attention the most though. he wasn't very bulky but more lean, like akaashi, and didn't move around too much.

it was like the court was a sort of code for him. as if he lived by "play smarter, not harder."

not only did nekoma shine, but so did his own school.

bokuto was an absolutely excellent ace, so good that no one could even battle him for such title.

akaashi bet no one even thought about it.

"break time!" the coach yelled and akaashi saw the fukorodani setter coming up to him.

akaashi didn't really notice him too much because he was most likely outshined by bokuto. but when looking at him up close he looked like a guy that was worth knowing.

short and scruffy dirty blonde hair, good height, a huge smile plastered on his face whenever he met eyes with you.

"oi!" he shout out in akaashi direction "pass me my bottle please."

akaashi turned to the gym bag he had yet to realize was a few feet away from him and proceeded to step down with the water bottle in hand.

"nah, just throw it!" the blonde setter waved his hand above.

so akaashi did.

and with a playful glint in his eye, akaashi wasn't sure if he still thought he was in the game, the setter dramatically slid over the floor and received the water bottle.

water splashed everywhere around the setter who now looked like he greatly regretted his decision.

in an attempt to get up and clean the surface akaashi sensed something wrong.

"wait! the floor is wood, you'll slip-" he attempted to say.

but akaashi was too late, because the setter was on the ground and his blonde hair suddenly turned a crimson red.