✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ♛ 19

saito quintana took a shot.

his date didn't show up.

again.

he let out hearty laughter before taking another one, signaling toward the bartender to bring him another alcoholic beverage that was bigger and stronger. he would need it.

saito quintana was never lucky in his love life, and became even more unlucky after he turned 30 and lost his youthful glow.

he was tired, tired of this life. but a smile still appeared on his face even in his distressed state. this worried the bartender but he still proceeded to bring saito the drink, not failing to look at the middle aged man in a concerned manner.

"well, if i wasn't stood up than i wouldn't be able to get this drunk." he swayed in the barstool as he began to take a sip from the delicate glass.

in a matter of seconds it was snatched from his hands. long black nails, like claws, encamped the surface area of the tall glass in their grasp. only to let go of it when the owner of them had successfully engulfed every ounce of the drink.

without saying a word to saito, she just yelled out her pain, earning glares from the rest of the bar. except saito.

he looked at her, sighing.

"you know, you could've just asked." he chuckled, ordering two of those same tall drinks this time. then, with a quick glance at the distressed woman, he changed the order to three.

"shut it." akaashi's mother spit out, pulling the long black hair that framed her face with her claws.

he took a moment to look at her, a familiar expression painted on his face. by far, saito quintana had never seen a person so beautiful. every time he had seen her it felt like it was the first time all over again.

"husband troubles again, i presume?" saito asked as the waiter stumbled over with the three glasses. akaashi's mother eagerly grabbed one.

"curiosity killed the cat as well, i presume." she said briefly, spoken in a manner that didn't hide the real answer. it was a statement. the real question was when were her problems never about her husband?

She hesitated and put the drink down before pulling her hair in a messy ponytail. this action surprised saito, his mind reminding him that tsukki indeed was a human.

even though half of the time it didn't seem like it.

saito hummed, his head slightly tilted as the terse nature in the air gradually disappeared, "you've always had boy problems- well I guess man problems now," he chuckled, "just like in high school."

"you laugh an awful lot. what's funny, you light-weight?" akaashi's mother's eyes rolled, finally finished with her ponytail. with small but frequent sips taken, the woman finished half of the drink by his next reply.

"i'm a light-weight?" the tall man cocked an eyebrow, "me? last time i checked, you're worse."

thump.

saito jumped, eyes widened as he laid his eyes on akaashi's mother, who had her cheek laid on the bar counter. her lips pouted, eyes dark and lonely.

her alcohol tolerance had gotten worse.

in a small and crooked voice, tsukkihara said "my husband is a heavy-weight..."

a few moments of silence laid in their air before the woman spoke again. "...maybe that's why he doesn't spend any time with me. because we're too different." she laughed and started to tap her nails against the table gleefully. tsukki's head cocked backwards, revealing the strained veins on her thin neck.