✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ♛ 15

"are you ready akaashi?"

fujiguro's uniform fit him loosely.

after all, fujiguro had obviously been bulker than akaashi. even before his minor weight loss.

akaashi couldn't help but wallow in the guilt he had wearing the uniform.

the absence of colors draped its fabric over him, but it wasn't supposed to.

this wasn't his.

it wasn't his and was never meant to be.

it felt like akaashi had stolen something- something immeasurably valuable while he just sat there, taking it in.

while someone else was suffering without it.

he stepped out of the dressing room.

"hm." hayashi said, looking him up and down.

"it's not bad." she smiled.

but akaashi felt like the truth lied in the opposite.

the clothing felt like weights on his skin, tearing through his bones and marrow.

"we'll get you a custom uniform soon, but for now, this is all we've got."

akaashi nodded, purposely avoiding her eyes.

"are you sure you're ready for this?" hayashi asked, somewhat forcing him to look her straight in the eye now.

"yeah." he started to fumble with his fingers. hayashi saw this but said nothing.

"akaashi?"

he looked up.

"yes?"

"fujiguro is just fine, okay? he's strong." she accompanied the statement with a smile.

akaashi nodded softly but vigorously. everyone said he was strong. bokuto, hayashi.

but akaashi knew he wasn't as strong as fujiguro.

how could he possibly fill up such a huge gap in the team when he couldn't even fill up fujiguro's clothes?

hayashi walked over and took akaashi's hand and held it up to her face.

then she taped her pinky on his pinky, and followed it with every other finger.

they hadn't actually had any palm-to-palm contact. it wasn't a high five, and she certainly hadn't held akaashi's hand.

his eyes went from their hands to her face "why...?"

"it's a weird little habit my sister does when she gets stressed," hayashi pulled her hand away from his "she comes to me and does it with no warning. i thought it might help you too."

"oh..." akaashi gazed at his hands, the sensation of their connection still burned on his fingers.

"thank you, hayashi."