Mini bonus: An unexpected meeting

I was with my family in my town, in a park with huge meadows, trees, and games for children.

Leo frolicked around, chasing insects.

"Dad," my little one spoke, and I looked at him. "Can I play with my new friend?"

He held hands with a little girl with blue eyes and a fun dress that looked like one of those porcelain dolls. I smiled.

"Sure, but not very far..."

As soon as I finished speaking, they ran and began to fight. I chuckled and watched them roll down the hill.

"Hey, don't play too rough," Marien asked.

She carried a baby in her arms, our baby girl, she is beautiful like her mother—Halley, like that comet. Leo promised to take care of her and even gave us a written and signed paper without us asking.

The children laughed and got near the lake, watching it.

"Easy," I hugged my lady and kissed her.

A high-pitched noise almost pierced my ears, and I couldn't help complaining. Acrux did too, and we covered our ears right away. I turned to see what had caused it, and it was Rosy with some kind of strange silver whistle.

"Oh, sorry," she said and put it away. "Can you hear it?"

"Of course," I claimed.

"Don't you?" Acrux asked.

She laughed while a dog Max had left for a few days came running. Marien left the baby in her stroller and hugged me.

"That's special for training dogs," she murmured. "Only they listen to it... And you." She smiled and kissed me.

I hugged her tightly and entertained myself on her lips for a good time, which made me reverie. I loved all of her. Then, my son distracted me by saying a few words.

"My parents appreciate each other very much," I heard him tell the little girl.

I asked my sweet Marien for a second and approached the hill's edge.

"Mine also," the girl replied.

"Can I give you something special?"

She nodded, and I got scared to see Leo approaching her to kiss her. I ran as fast as possible, and I saw another man running.

Their lips had barely brushed when I jerked Leo away and got an angry growl from the girl's father. I snarled back at him and was surprised to see who he was.

"Altair."

He recognized me too and smiled sideways.

"You turned out to be more elusive than I thought," he scoffed. He directed his sight to my little one, and I hid him behind me, not wanting him to see him. He also pushed his daughter away. "I learned that Orion died, apparently. I didn't know how you were doing, but I see you're fine..."

"What can I say," I replied. "I have someone who loves me."

"I see what you mean by that." He glanced at the girl. "Thanks. But now I rightly tell you that I don't want that child to touch my daughter again."

"I think that's up to them," I challenged.

Altair snorted and scooped the little girl away.

"Let's go, Leo." I started to walk, and he watched them for a few seconds.

"Bye," he whispered to the girl. After that, he caught up with me. "Sorry, father. You told me not to talk about kissing, and I disobeyed. I couldn't help it... I caused you trouble."

"Easy, it's over. Everything is fine." I shook his hair, and he laughed.

"How did you make Mom love you so much? How did you meet?" he asked curiously.

I smiled.

"It's an interesting question. A long story..."

***

*** Thank you! ***

*** Thank you! ***

Now I invite you to Acrux's story. He was used as a weapon; the only things he knows are pain and hate. She will show him there is more.

 She will show him there is more

And... If you had the very last man, would you give him in?

 If you had the very last man, would you give him in?