ventisette

◇unedited

One thing that I noticed now about him was that he loved to sleep. After I settled Fiorelli on her high chair, I walked up to his room to wake him up.

His door was not fully closed, so I pushed it slowly and everything in his room looked dark. The curtain was still closed and he had a blanket all over his body.

"James," I called out his name softly as I made my way to the bed. "Wake up, Fiorelli is waiting for you," I whispered those words in his ear, so he would listen and wake up immediately or so I hope.

"Dov'è lei?" He asked with his raspy and low tone. Only his head moved an inch, the rest of the body stayed still.
(Where is she?)

"Lei è al tavolo di sotto," I replied softly as I ran my hand over his hair. "Dai, non-farla aspettare troppo a lungo."
(She's at the table downstairs. Come on, don't make her wait too long.)

He turned around and faced me. He looked so pure when he just woke up.

"Give me a kiss, Jamee." He pulled me down and as someone who just woke up, he was strong. "I love you." He said after a long kiss.

"You need to hurry, your mother will be here for lunch," I informed him because I was informed by Nicholas. He was asked to pick her up from her husband's office.

"Why?" He asked in confusion and slowly sat up.

"I don't know, maybe she just wants to visit her son." I shrugged.

"I don't want to."

"Don't be selfish." I got the reason why he was against it because he won't get to see his daughter if his mother was around. "If you want to spend more time with your daughter, then hurry up."

I left the bedroom to check on my daughter. She was still seated on her chair and there was Benjamin keeping her company.

"So, you're her friend now?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. He looked up and his once cheerful face turned to a serious one.

"No, says who?" He averted his gaze from my daughter to me.

"Me, because I saw you playing with her just right before I step in," I explained a little more detail to what I saw before coming in. I knew he just doesn't want to lose his manliness.

"I was just sitting here to watch out on her because you left her all alone." I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness.

"Okay, if you say so." My daughter was an angel, she wouldn't do such a thing. She had the best-mannered for a kid.

"You left her alone, she could have gotten hurt, so I sit beside her." He defended himself in front of me was funny, because I knew he was embarrassed. He never did this kind of thing with a baby.

"Okay, Benjamin." I chuckled, accepting his excuse. "Would you like some breakfast?" I offered him as I was going to make some.

"Yes, I would like that."

"Where's Nicholas?" I asked as I haven't seen him around.

"I will call him if you'd like." So, I nodded.

I prepared breakfast for all of us since it's Saturday, James doesn't go to the office, so he would be home all day.

After the breakfast was finished, Benjamin and Nicholas went back to work. James had brought Fiorelli to his room to play with her while I cleaned the kitchen after breakfast.

As I cleaned, my thought drifted to how could my life turn to be like this. It was nothing new but familiar to me.

Flashback

It was just my second week of working in James Nicoli's house. He barely came home because of how a workaholic he was being. Diane reminded me to not mind his attitude whenever he was tired or drunk.

Late night, I craved something to eat, so I came to the main house. Diane said it was okay, she told me a list of things I could do and what not.

The fridge was always full and looked inside of it thoroughly. There are many things and one that I loved. Cheese sticks. I took some of them and brought them close to my chest because of how much it was. As I turned around, I jumped at my spot and my heart felt like it stopped beating for a few seconds.

A tall and lean man hovered over me, James.

I gulped hard when his eyes eyed the cheese sticks in my hands. He narrowed his eyes at me and raised an eyebrow.

"I-I took some of them from the fridge because I crave them." My voice came out a little shaky as his intense eyes shot through me.

"I can see that." His breath smell like alcohol, looked like he had been drinking.

"Are you okay?" I asked in concern because his eyes redden. He kept on looking at me with those intense brown eyes. His face suddenly crunched, so I pushed him to the sink which thankfully was close to us.

He threw up all of the content in his stomach. I had forgotten my cheese stick and it was all over the floor.

I kept his head held down, so the content wouldn't squirt everywhere because I would need to clean that after he finished.

"Clean yourself," I told him and wouldn't move his head anywhere before he did so. Grunting, he washed his face with water from the sink.

Once he was done, I let him go and he stumbled back. His butt hit the floor and sat on my cheese stick because I could hear the plastic wrap getting torn.

"You sit on my cheese stick." My eyes widened but he looked careless.

He grabbed my hand and pushed me down to sit next to him. He was leaning against the cabinet.

"I bought those cheese sticks, I will give you more of them."

"Why did you drink? Are you in trouble?" I quietly asked as I didn't want to offend him in any way.

"Yes, you." He looked at me to make his point clear.

"Me? Did I do something wrong?" Now, I really am concerned about myself. Did my work doesn't meet his standard? Did he not satisfied?

"No, and that's the problem. You make me get in trouble." He murmured and leaned his head back against the cabinet. I could see his eyes closed and his breath in labor.

"Why? What trouble?"

"You make me feel things and my heart aches now." I frowned at his ambiguous reply.

"Do you need to go to the hospital?" I innocently asked.

"No!" I shut up right away feeling like I said something wrong to him. "Come here." He motioned me to come closer and I did in apprehensive.

Face to face, my body shook a little bit in front of him.

"Your tits looked so firm." He mumbled and I slap him in reflex. Covering up my chest area, I moved away from him, feeling anxious.

 Covering up my chest area, I moved away from him, feeling anxious