quarantacinque

◇unedited

My eyes widened when I saw James charging at her and grabbing her by the neck. I stay rooted by surprise. Suzy's face started to turn blue because of his grip getting tighter, he was close to her.

"James," I breathe out his name after calming down from the surprise.

"I am still kind enough to let you stay at my house. Don't you ever think even just a little bit of disrespecting me and my decision. A cold blood murderer I've been called, my hands are ready to take you."

I rushed over to him and pried him off of her. I was worried that she would be lifeless once his grip loosened.

"Don't," I told him and he was panting but still not looking at me. His furious eyes were still solemnly looking at her. "James." I gripped his chin so he would look my way. But no, he almost gave me a heart attack.

"James!" I shouted his name while holding him back when he goes passed me again and step on her. Thankfully, his foot landed on her arm and not her neck which he was aiming to. Thank God for my reflex he didn't get a chance to do it.

"Hey, look at me. Baby, look at me." I had to push him away and dragged him out of her sight. "Calm down, please," I begged him, seeing him like this was the first time for me and it scared me.

We were now in the kitchen and away from Suzy being in his sight. I stared at him while he was trying to maintain his breathing. I touched his hair and caressed it softly, then I placed a kiss on his neck.

Ring ...

The house phone rang, so I walked up to answer it but stopped when I feel him grab my hand. I turned my head around and waited for him to talk.

"Five minutes, tell him to wait." He told me and I nodded, assuring him that I would do it. He brought my hand up to his cheek and breathe in, so I caressed it lovingly.

Picking up the phone, I put it on my ear. "Jamee speaking."

"Miss, there's Mr. Blakemore here to visit. Should I let him in?" The guard asked.

"Can you tell him to wait for five minutes? You can let him in then." I told him.

"Copy that, Miss."

After I hang up the phone, I walked back to him. I didn't know why he ask for five minutes, my guess was he needed time to cool down.

"Are you okay now? Drink some water," I suggested to him. I brought my hand up to his face and caressed it gently.

"I need to take care of her once and for all. Stay here and just prepare everything you need." He kissed the edge of my lips before walking away. Took care of her? What would he do?

My curiosity got the best of me and I found myself following him but put a distance. I wanted to know but also didn't want to bother him and get in the way. So, I stood behind the kitchen wall where I know I could hear him and get a glimpse of them. It wouldn't be eavesdropping when I knew what was going to happen.

"Pack your bag, you're going when your father comes." James strictly told her. But the laid-back look on her face said it all, she doesn't listen.

"I will go if you grant my wish. I will leave for good." Suzy said while staring at him intensely. James didn't budge and so nor she. So, he gestured for her to go ahead and tell him what she wanted.

She smirked knowing something was cooking in her brain. "Have sex with me."

"After I kill you."

"So you'd rather have sex with a lifeless soul? Just like how she was?" She looked like she just won, a victory which she had yet to reach at the very top.

I closed my eyes momentarily, it hurt.

"Don't speak! You don't have the right to talk about her in any way." At this point, I didn't care anymore if James ended up killing her. What she said was hurtful and it hurt to the core.

"James." A surprised voice tried to stop him. Suzy was literally going blue if Marsello didn't come in on time.

Marsello walked in but not alone. He was with two other guys who I assumed were his bodyguard. The guard was ordered to pry him off her with just one gesture.

"Look the other way, James," Marsello told him and his eyes glanced at me before looking back at Suzy. With that, James looked my way and immediately let go of her.

Then, James turned away and walk up to me. He hugged me so tightly once he reach me.

"Let's go upstairs," I said and my voice came out lowly. He must have been hurt as it was hurting me. There was no point in comforting each other, we just need to be there for each other.

We pulled away and walk up the stairs while holding hands. We stepped into his room which looked neat, it told me that Suzy didn't sleep in there.

We broke apart as soon as we were in the room and I heard the door being locked. I made my way to the balcony and open the door wide to let the fresh air come in. It would be good for both of us to feel refreshed.

I stepped out to the balcony and stand on the end. I voluntarily closed my eyes and breathe in the air. I closed my eyes even tighter when I felt two arms wrapped around me.

"Let's go to Sardinia, just the three of us." He murmured against her neck. "You've been living by the coast for a while and Fio loves water. I wanted to try it as well."

"Try what?" I turned my head slightly to the side to focus on him.

"Living by the coast area."