Prologue

Everything happened so fast.

Only a few seconds ago Cassie was standing right next to Five with the rest of the Academy trying to escape the apocalypse. And now she found herself laying on the ground in the middle of an alleyway after being thrown by the vortex that Five used to time travel back in time in order to save them.

The girl felt very disconcerted considering she had hit her head pretty hard on the landing. She lifted her upper body slightly to check on her surroundings and quickly realized that she was completely alone.

"Where am I?" Cassie said to herself very confused as she rubbed her head not recognizing the place she was in at all.

Cassie stood up slowly and began to walk out of the alleyway stumbling around since she was a little bit dizzy from the travel. As she reached the main street she felt the sun hit her face and she tried covering it with her hand trying to adjust to the light.

The girl looked around and instantly realized she wasn't even in the same city she was in a few minutes ago. Instead, she recognized the place from her last mission with Five and figured she was now in Dallas, Texas. The only issue with this was that she had no idea at what point in time she had traveled back to.

As Cassie walked down the streets trying to look for Five or anyone from the Academy she felt people around her giving her strange looks. This can't be happening. Was the only thing that was on the girl's head as she started running aimlessly through the streets.

"Five!" Cassie yelled, not caring about the people who were looking at her as if she was crazy. "Klaus! Diego! Allison! Anyone..." The girl said and stopped running when she spotted an old newspaper vending machine.

Cassie walked up to the machine feeling her anxiety build up almost instantly. By the looks of it, she could tell it was old so she starting to freak out. Cassie kneeled down slowly in front of the machine to take a look at the date on the newspaper that was on display.

It was May 25th of 1963.

The girl stared at the date in shock for a few seconds and slowly backed away shaking her head in denial about what she just figured out. "No... No... This can't be happening..." Cassie said feeling tears ran through her face.

Cassie knew that Five's time-traveling skills weren't exactly the best, after all, she had already experienced how unstable his powers were when she got stuck with him in the apocalypse. But something that she never expected was that she could get lost in time by herself because of his powers.

The girl looked around the street and began walking around at a fast pace with tears on her face. Truth was that she had no idea where she was going. She was terrified of the idea of being alone so she wanted to believe that maybe Five was somewhere around also looking for her and that when she found him they would figure this problem out. The only good thing that she could think about for now was that she wouldn't have to worry about the apocalypse for another 56 years.

A few hours passed and Cassie kept walking through the streets of Dallas. Her face was red and puffy from all the crying and she didn't know what to do since she was completely by herself. She had gotten so used to Five's company that she had never considered what would happen if she found herself alone.

Cassie began to feel her legs giving out since it had been a very long time since she just had any sleep so she decided to stop and sit on the curb to rest her legs for a bit before finding somewhere she could spend the night without raising any suspicions.