Chapter 7: Found You

What would have happened if Five never timed traveled to the future? That was a question that will never leave the boy's head and that he would never get the answer to. All he knew was that he regretted it greatly.

Five was conscious that his powers were unstable. After all, Reginald never got to teach him how to master his abilities in order to exploit them to his full potential. All that the boy knew was that regardless of this he was willing to try whatever it took to keep Cassie and his family safe.

The moment Five suggested to his siblings and Cassie to go back in time to avoid the apocalypse he wasn't completely sure how this would work, but it definitely was worth trying rather than getting crushed by a giant chunk of the moon.

Luckily the boy succeeded at escaping only seconds before the giant rock hit the atmosphere.

In a matter of seconds, Five fell into a puddle in the middle of an alleyway as he was thrown out of the time-traveling portal he had opened. The boy was disconcerted from the fall but tried to gain composure as he attempted to stand up but struggled to do so because of the portal above him that was emitting too much strength.

As the boy got on his feet he turned around facing the portal that was still open over his head but no one else came out of it. Five knew that he had gotten his siblings and Cassie out of the 2019 apocalypse, the only issue was that he didn't know where they were. If everything had worked right they should be arriving with him but Five knew that the chances of something going wrong were very high considering he never tried time traveling through a portal with more than 2 people.

"Cassie!" The boy yelled hoping for the girl to appear out of the portal but nothing happened. "Luther! Diego!" He began to yell for his siblings when suddenly the portal closed off.

Five stood in shock for a few seconds the realization that he was by himself hitting him like a brick when suddenly he started hearing explosions and multiple weapons being fired a very close distance to him. The boy turned around concerned at what was happening and was quick to notice the all-out war that was happening just outside the alleyway he was standing in. In utter disbelief but also curious Five began to walk outside the alleyway trying to get a better look at what was happening.

The moment Five stepped foot into the streets he noticed a Soviet Union soldier running into American troops as he was shot dead while holding his flag. The more Five looked around the more confused and concerned he became, there were tanks in the streets and soldiers attacking each other. The sky was grey and aircrafts flew by dropping missiles onto building in the distance. Whatever was going on Five knew it wasn't good.

Midst all the chaos Five was able to spot a newspaper in the ground covered by dirt and rubble. The boy quickly approached it wanting to get a better look in hopes of finding answers and he kneeled down holding the paper and tried to uncover the headline.

"Soviets attack the U.S.?" Five read to himself completely in disbelief. He didn't recall an event like this ever happening, and he had done his fair share of historic reading.

Five stood up and began to walk forward at a much faster pace as his blood was running cold. "No, this can't be right." The boy said trying to take in the destruction surrounding him. "What the hell did we do now?" Five said worried as he shook his head knowing that maybe he had ruined the timeline by time traveling back in time with his siblings.

Out of nowhere, the boy heard a loud banging noise next to his ear and he fell to the ground from the shock wave not being able to hear anything other than a high-pitched ringing noise. Turns out that the tank that was behind him had fired a missile with him standing extremely close by.