The Heart of the Cards

James' POV

In Domino High, My friends Yugi and Joey sat at their desks facing each other as they had their Duel Monsters cards out and were nearing the end of their duel. A small crowd surrounded them as I watched them with my arms crossed and a smile on my face.

Yugi: Hey, Joey! Earth to Joey! Hey, are you in there? It's your turn.

Joey looked at his cards in his hand, trying to decide which monster to put down. Tristan comes over and puts him in a headlock.

Tristan: Aww! Isn't he cute when he's thinking?

Joey closes his eyes and smiles as he holds up his cards to Tristan.

Joey: Hey, Tristan. Yugi Here's teaching me how to play Duel Monsters.

Tristan releases his grip on Joey a bit as he has a face of confusion.

Tristan: Drooling Monsters?

Joey: Duel Monsters, You Nimrod.

Joey pushes Tristan away as he stands next to Tea and Me watching them.

Tea: They've been at it for hours. "Joey's starting to get the hang of the game..."

James: But Yugi and I are like experts.

Joey smirks as he picks up a card from his hand and places it on the duel mat in front of him.

Joey: Ok, Yugi, it's time to duel.

James: You see, every monster has an attack number and a defense number. The first player to eliminate their opponent's life points wins.

I smile as I watch Yugi beat Joey as Joey exclaims in frustration as I laugh a little.

James: Don't worry, Joey. Every beginner has to start at the bottom to learn from their mistakes.

Kaiba moves his attention from the book in his hand towards the group as Yugi explains his grandpa has a card shop.

Yugi: No, you did fine, Joey. I "just" have better cards. See, my grandpa owns a game shop, and I get all my best cards from him. You can even ask James. He gets his cards from my grandpa as well.

James: He's right.

I reach into my pocket and pull out my deck.

James: This deck means everything to me. Especially some certain cards in my deck as I speak.

Joey: Your "own" game shop?! What are we "waiting for?" Let's go!

Yugi smiles as he looks at Joey.

Yugi: Ok. Maybe I can even get my grandpa to show us this super rare card "he's" got.

Kaiba looks at the group as he closes his book.

Seto: *Rare card? "Could they have found the card that I've been searching for?"*

Timeskip

As we "approached the game shop and opened the door, we immediately see tons of games around; and display cases full of Duel Monsters cards."

Yugi: Grandpa? I'm home!

I then see Yugi's Grandpa walk out and leans on a counter with a smile.

Mr. Muto: And I see you've brought company. It's good to see you, James.

James: It's good to see you too, Mr. Muto.