The Mystery Duelist

James' POV

Tea and I arrived at Yugi's house to see Mr. Muto sweeping the floor as usual.

James and Tea: Good morning, Mr. Muto.

Mr. Muto: Ah! James. Tea. Good morning. Yugi's upstairs getting ready. I'll call him for you two. Would you two like something to drink?

Tea: Uh, no thanks.

James: It's kind of you to offer, but we're going to be late for school if he doesn't get out here sooner.

Yugi's POV

Mr. Muto: Yugi! James and Tea are here!

Yugi: I'll be right there, Grandpa! *"This new chain "oughta" keep my Millennium Puzzle safe." It seems like everyone wants their hands on it lately.*

Yami Yugi: And we're going to need it now, more than ever.

Yugi: We are?

Raito: Not just you, Yugi.

Yugi: Oh, Raito. I almost forgot about you. But what do you mean by that, Yami?

Yami Yugi: The Millennium Puzzle connects all three of us, Yugi. And I sense fate has more in store for us.

Raito: Yami's right. With Bandit King out there somewhere. Who knows what he has in store.

Yugi: "Oh..." Hey, Raito. I never asked you this before. But why can't you say you're real name?

Raito: Remember how I said I used a spell from back then?

Yugi: Yeah?

Raito: You see, the spell I used was a combination of a memory-erasing spell and a powerful sealing spell that only the name of the one who has forgotten may unleash the great evil once again.

Yami Yugi: But that doesn't explain why you can't tell us your real name?

Raito: I can't tell you my name because the one who cast the spell has to say thy name for the one who has forgotten to remember everything from ancient past. And knowing your real name would unleash the great evil.

Yugi: You mean you can't say your "own" name because it would result in the whole world being "destroyed."

Yami Yugi: Man. "I never knew that if you said your real name, you would have unleashed the great evil one more."

Raito: That's why I wanted to keep my existence unknown. To make sure you wouldn't know my name. But I never thought that Bandit King would come back.

Yami Yugi: I can't believe it. All of this happened because I sacrificed my memories to protect humanity.

Raito: Actually, I was supposed to be the one to forget who I was.

Yugi: Huh?

Yami Yugi: What do you mean?

Raito: I was going to use my spell on myself to protect the world, but then someone killed me before I had the chance to finish the "spell."

Yami Yugi: "Then that means..."

Raito: It was your courage to forget who you were to save the world. You're friends, our family. Everyone.

Yami Yugi: Wow. But there's one thing I don't understand. Pegasus knew that I existed. But he never said anything about knowing you at all.

Raito: That's because he wasn't aware of my existence.