3: The Lizard

I sat up in my bed with a groan. I felt an itch on my face, and scratched it, letting out a sigh. After a minute of scratching I hissed in pain, accidently scratching myself. I opened my eyes, and realized two things.

One, I was scratching my face with a right hand I didn't have yesterday. That was surprisingly less startling than the other part. My new right hand is....different. It's green, it's scaly, and most importantly is that it's clawed.

I rubbed my cheek, and noticed a drop of blood. Not just clawed, sharp too. What the hell is this!? The only reason I'm not panicking right now is the huge chance my mom is here, and she'd only make this situation worse.

I quickly got dressed, making sure to wear a hoodie and a long sleeved undershirt. I put a glove on my new hand, and headed towards Oscorp. I arrived, and was greeted as per usual.

"Woah, Mr. Osborn was serious! You really finished the regeneration project!"

"What's up with the sleeves and glove?"

"I don't think you guys want to see my new exposed muscle and sinews. It's pretty freaky, especially when I move it." I answered.

That was good enough for them, and I speed walked to the elevator before getting in. The doors opened, and I power walked to my desk, taking off the glove. I took a blood sample of my arm, the results weren't anything too surprising.

From the elbow down, my right arm is that of a reptile's. The weird part is that my arm healed shut as soon as I removed the needle to take my blood. I sighed to myself, and held my head in my hand and claws.

Oi, Jackie, what'dya think is going on with the human?

My head jolted up, and I looked around. I stood up and readied my claw, as it's the only thing that could be used as a weapon, and looked around more carefully.

Why'd he freak out like that, John?

"Who's there!?" I asked.

Uh, is it just me, or does it seem like he can hear us?

Shut up, John. He clearly can. Yo, human!

A voice called to me. I turned around to the direction it came from, only to see the gator enclosure.

Get closer, human. We wanna talk to you.

"Am I having some kind if hallucination as a side effect?" I asked myself.

No, now get your ass over here.

I did as the gators said, and walked over to the enclosure. I looked at the Ga- I mean John and Jackie, and crouched in front of their enclosure.

"What's up guys? Are you about to start giving me death threats about cutting your tails off?" I asked.

Not at all. We understand you did it for the good of your kind, and you made it painless anyway. Besides, they're back now anyway. What I want to know, is how you can understand us now.

What Jackie said!

"Well, I'm assuming the lizard DNA I injected myself with is reacting to my own natural DNA and trying to take it over. Same thing with my regular genetics. I'm pretty sure my body is kind of locked in a stalemate with itself." I explained.

Jackie nodded her head, and John just made an expression that shows he doesn't understand but he wants me to continue.

Tch, I could've told you that.

A voice behind me said. I turned around and saw that it came from the box with mouse. I opened the box and saw that there was a single, large lizard in the box.

"Oh god, am I going to turn into a giant lizard!?" I shouted to myself, backing away from the 'mouse'.

Probably not, Y/n. Calm yourself down buddy.

Jackie's words helped, until the 'mouse' spoke again.

She's lying. They both are. All they want is to see you slowly turn into a creature your own kind looks down on and ignores.

I sat down in my chair and held my head in my hands. No. No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no! This can't be happening. I just wanted to help people. This would've done so much good for so many.
_________________________________________

Jackie p.o.v

_________________________________________

Y/n started shaking and crying. He was muttering to himself, most likely panicking and trying to justify his actions to himself. Maybe even go through other options in his head that would have worked.

He started hyperventilating, until he suddenly stopped. Then, a single thought filled my head, and from the looks of it John's too.

Feed.

Y/n slowly stood up, and a tail fell out of his lab coat. Both of his hands are reptilian, and so is his head from the looks of it.

Hehe, told you so! How does it feel to be-!

The rat was silenced by Y/n suddenly pouncing on it, before a short squeak was silenced. He slowly turned towards us, and I started hoping to god he doesn't do the same thing to us.

 He slowly turned towards us, and I started hoping to god he doesn't do the same thing to us

He stood up and stomped over, stopping in front of the glass of our enclosure. He punched the glass, breaking it and sat on the floor. John and I hesitantly left the cage, and the giant reptile tilted its head at us.

Where Connie?

It asked. John looked at me, before clearing his throat.

Uh, she's in that cage over there.

John told him, motioning to it.

Thank. Good friend Gary.

The hulking beast said, before walking over to the cage and tearing the door off. Connie jumped out of it, onto his head, and it seemed like it started smiling.

It shrank in size, until it returned to Y/n's size, before the scales started disappearing. They disappeared to reveal the kind genius, now with two arms and a reunion with his best friend.

_________________________________________

A man is watching all of this unfold from his penthouse, sipping an extremely expensive whiskey. He chuckled to himself, before setting down the glass.

"Oh Y/n, you're going to do wonderful things for me and this company." The man said, before pooring another glass, and raising it at the monitor before him and then downing it.