5: Testing Begins

My breath and hands are trembling, blowtorch shaking with them. I closed my eyes and turned my head away from my arm, before igniting it. I could feel my arm starting to feel warmer and warmer, only for it to eventually stop. I looked, and watched as I torched my arm, but nothing happened.

"Huh. I'm fireproof. This is amazing! I need to find out what I can do. I don't think testing my durability out and seeing what it takes to injure me is smart so I'll just find out how my...shapeshifting? Transforming? Transforming works." I said to myself.

Are you not worried that what happened earlier will happen again? Jackie asked me.

"What happened earlier?" I asked.

Nevermind, carry on. She said.

I changed my hand into a claw again, and looked it over. After a second of concentration I changed my whole right arm into a reptilian one. I looked at my left hand, and watched as it slowly started changing.

It took about fifteen minutes for my whole arm to change, but after doing it for another half hour, I could change them both almost instantly, just took a bit of muscle memory. I got all the way up to my neck, before getting an idea.

I walked over to a wall, and gripped it with my claws. Oh yeah, I got an idea. I spent the next half hour changing my feet, and walked up to the wall again. I started climbing the walls, and grinned in joy at myself.

"I'm starting to get this down!" I said to myself, getting comfortable. I feel a little nauseous moving around like this though, I don't even want to attempt the ceiling yet.

_________________________________________

Timeskip brought to you by Y/n sleeping with Connie on his head, while Head Out by Mild High Club plays in the background

_________________________________________

I looked at myself in the mirror, and sighed. Well, as cool as I look, I also look like a furry's wet dream. I shook my head, and started climbing the wall again to take my mind off of it. It's surprisingly cathartic.

I immediately noticed that while fully changed into a lizard, as weird as it is, I don't get nauseous from being upside down or hanging from a wall. I think I've got a good grasp on my transformation now.

I can turn into a lizard monster thing, that becomes completely flame proof, super strong, and capable of climbing walls. I put John and Jackie back in their enclosures, and checked the time.

It's about five. I think I should celebrate. Besides, it's summer, I don't have anything to worry about right now, I'm going to an arcade.

_________________________________________

Norman p.o.v

_________________________________________

I watched as Y/n exit the building, checking his wallet, and promptly sighing before calling an Uber, probably to the bank. He got in the black car and I watched as it disappeared from the camera's view, and pressed a button on an intercom.

"Is the subject ready?" I asked.

"Yes sir. Dr. Cardinal is ready and waiting." The scientist responded.

"Good. Begin human testing for project S.P.I.D.E.R." I instructed. The scientist gave the camera a thumbs up, and grabbed a vial and put the fluid in a syrenge.

_________________________________________

Y/n p.o.v

_________________________________________

I rubbed my temples as I sat in the back of Irina the Russian Uber's car. She's a great gal, and she means well, but she's a bit.....much.

"Iv you need Ivone chardger, I have twenty seven." She offered, holding one up.

"Uh, no thanks Irina. I'm all good." I responded.

"Iv you say so, my little zechka." She said. I don't speak russian, so I hope thag wasn't an insult.

"Here, have joley rayncher. There are several in bakkseat, go look." She said.

"Oh, I'm fine." I said.

"Open mouth." She told me.

"Wha-? GHK!" I was cut off by her throwing a jolly rancher into my mouth.

"Do not fear! I have water." She stated, throwing a bottle at me.

I quickly drank it, and coughed a little. God, is everyone in Russia like this? And I thought New Yorkers were bad.

"Do you like women? You can have my sister. If you no like women you can have my brother. He is tapuya suka." She said to me.

"Huh? What're you talking about?" I asked.

A woman popped her head beside from the trunk, and looked at me.

"If you want to touch my feet, is extra ten dollars." She said.

"Irina, please just take me to the bank." I begged.

"If you say so, boss." She said.

We arrived, and I got out of the car as fast as I could. I think I'll just walk to the arcade after I get my money. Man, remind me to never go to Russia.