[ t h r e e ]

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐
chapter three
SPIDER-MAN
└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐chapter threeSPIDER-MAN└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

─────❀◦❀◦❀─────

HARPER AND PETER HAD BEEN WALKING FOR A FEW MINUTES, TRYING TO FIND THE STORE. Harper wanted to interview the owner of the store to get a bit more information about what the supposed hero looked like, or if he said something else. The chances were slim, but she wanted to find something else to this story.

As Peter took pictures of the store, Harper took the chance to talk to the owner.

"He just came out of nowhere," the man told the girl, for which she nodded. "The guys were about to rob me when this masked guy appeared and beat them all up. He moved faster than anyone I've ever seen. He had super reflexes! The police didn't believe me but I'm telling you... that guy was not human."

She saw the flash of the camera on the corner of her eye before turning around, seeing that Peter had taken a photo of both of them. The girl gave him a tiny smile before looking back at the man.

"So, you are saying he is not human... what did he do after he beat up the five guys?"

"He returned my money," the man answered. "I offered him a reward for what he did but he refused. He said he didn't want anything in exchange."

Harper sighed. "So, he beat up the five guys, returned your money, and refused to take a reward for his actions. Did he, by any chance, have a water pipe on his hand?"

The man looked down before nodding, excited. "Yes. Oh, I had forgotten about that. He made one of the guys fall with one of those plastic pipes I sell."

Harper nodded. "Okay, well, you've been so helpful. Thank you for sharing this with us." The girl gave the man a tiny smile before looking at Peter, nodding towards the door. They both waved goodbye at the man before they walked away from the store. "We didn't find anything else that the police didn't already know. If we want to get a great story, we need to be faster. We can't talk about something that has been talked about several times."

"What do you want to do? Chase the guy down?" Peter joked, but she took it seriously. "Harper, you are not seriously thinking of chasing this guy down, are you?"

"It's New York! Crime happens all the time." Harper turned to look at the store. "So he was seen here. Maybe, we should check the entire area, see if we find him in action again. You take those three streets on the right, I'll take the ones on the left. Maybe we meet someone that saw something! Anything is possible!"

Peter raised an eyebrow. "Harper, you are talking about chasing a crime! You are not going to find anything if you are looking for it, or worse, you could get hurt."