[ t w e n t y s e v e n ]

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐
chapter twenty seven
MY PETER
└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐chapter twenty sevenMY PETER└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

─────❀◦❀◦❀─────

"I lost... I lost Harper. My... She was my MJ. I couldn't save her. I'm never going to forgive myself for that."

"She.... She's here."

MAY DIED AND HARPER HAD NO IDEA HOW TO BE THERE FOR PETER, SO AS HE WAS ON THE ROOF OF THE HIGH SCHOOL THINKING, SHE REMAINED ON THE LAB.

If she didn't do this for him, she thought there was no point in all of this. He was just trying to help everybody. He was just trying to be a good person.

He was just being Peter Parker.

And she never gives her back to Peter Parker, never. Even if he wasn't the Peter she knew, even if he may never see her Peter again, she felt the need to do this. She felt the need to help him because... well, she knew there was no way she could survive that fall.

So, the place this Peter goes to get away from everything is his high school. Her Peter would go to the empire state. She kept saying her Peter. Her Peter would do this, her Peter would do that. She's not even sure she will see her Peter again.

But that's not what fate had for her, was it?

"Harper?" She heard Peter from this universe calling her, yet she was looking down to her notebook, giving her back to the door.

"I'm already half way there," she said, putting on her safety goggles. "I wonder if i'm other universe, chemical reactions are different. That would mess with my head entirely."

"Harper—"

"Anyway, I just one more minute for the antidote to cook in and we—"

When she turned around and saw why Peter was calling her, she was left speechless.

Because Peter was there, but also was her Peter.

"Harps?" He said, almost breaking down once he said it. His voice was cracking, his eyes were filling up with tears, yet he couldn't even blink. He was scared she was going to disappear.

It had been almost eight years since he had last seen her. It had been almost eight years since he stood up in front of her grave. It had been almost eight years since he almost caught her yet she slipped away from his fingers.