[ t w e n t y o n e ]

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐
chapter twenty one
I LOVE YOU
└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐chapter twenty oneI LOVE YOU └─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

─────❀◦❀◦❀─────

THIS WASN'T RIGHT.

As she was about to stand up and leave, she was interrupted by Peter walking into the pizza place with a smile on his face, making it impossible for her to move. She was glued to the seat, being just an audience to Peter's confident walk in her direction.

As he approached her, Harper thought of a million scenarios about could this go. She could just tell him the truth, she could lie, she could invent something, she could stand up and leave, or she could be with him and force him to choose the horrible option, to make a tremendous decision that was life changing.

Oh, time was moving too slow, or her thoughts were just going too fast.

What would she even say? 'Hey Peter. Boston?' No, she couldn't do that to him. What about Aunt May? What about Spider-man? What about his duty to the city? What about his happiness?

But what about her happiness? What about what she wanted? What about how deep down she thinks her father is right and just by being with Peter she's in danger? And she doesn't want the danger, she doesn't want to be dragged by fear.

But Peter is worth fighting for.

Is Spider-man worth it though?

"Hey," he said, his voice waking her up as his lips softly brushed against hers in a welcoming kiss that she wanted to extend. Because their last kiss couldn't be something like a soft peck. No, it wasn't enough to let him know all the love she has for him. Because she loves him so much. "You didn't wait too long didn't you? Good, because I have to tell you something really important—"

"Peter—"

"It's about my dad, about my mom. But first, I want to talk to you about Harry, I mean what do I do? What do I tell him? I want to save him. But I can't give him my blood. But he is my best pal, and if he's dying, I'll feel guilty because I had the chance to save him, I had the chance to make sure he stays with me. So everything is a mess but I keep coming back to one thing, the one thing in my life that makes sense..." She stared at him, worried about his words. "You, Harper, you are that one thing."

Peter placed his hand on her cheek, a little smile appearing on his face.

"I don't you want you to go."

"Then why did you apply to the scholarship in my place?"

"Because I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't it."