[ t w e n t y e i g h t ]

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐
chapter twenty eight
SAFE AND SOUND
└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

┌─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┐chapter twenty eightSAFE AND SOUND└─────❀◦❀◦❀─────┘

─────❀◦❀◦❀─────

MJ GRABBED THE BOX AS SOON AS PETER THREW IT.

The plan was to close the portal so they couldn't get to the box, and Harper thought them not letting the three of them to help out was a waste, but after seeing how worried her Peter looked of the idea to loosing her again.

"Close it!" Harper said to Ned, and he begin to move his hand in circle. "Ned..."

"It's not closing," MJ said.

"Yeah, I know," he said as he continued to move his hands.

Harper looked at the ring on Ned's finger, waiting for something far more magical to go down, but nothing at all was happening, and she wondered if it would happen at some point.

"Why isn't it closing? Have you closed one before?" Harper asked, desperately. "No?"

"No, I mean, I have opened... some."

Harper placed her hand on her forehead. "Jesus Christ this can't be good."

"Okay, Ned, just calm down," MJ told him with a calmed voice. "Breathe in, try to close it."

"This isn't working," Harper whispered.

"Not helping," MJ said to her.

"It's definitely not working!"

"Alright, we're fine," MJ insisted. "We're gonna keep trying. We're gonna do it again."

"Alright. We got this. I got it. Got this."

"Close the portal," Harper said to him, "you can do it Ned.

But he couldn't. He had been trying for a few minutes and nothing had happened. Now, she could hear the three Peter's struggling as they fought they give guys that wanted that box that MJ was holding. This was not good, this was not good at all. She looked for something to use in order to defense herself.

That's when they saw Connors sprinting in their direction.

"And that is a lizard and we should run!" Harper yelled as the lizard walked in and they began running.

She grabbed MJ's hand and dragged her out of the portal with Ned following the two girls, and the lizard begin.

"Connors, chill!" Harper yelled as they kept running. "Drink some tea!"