||Prologue||

-Art by sebin.13 on Instagram-

This is just a quick summary going over the finale of season one, including the Reader's appearance later in the chapter, of course

~

He was in the year of 2017. It was only hours ago when Takemichi had time traveled and found himself in a large and very rich-looking building. This future was very different from all the other timelines he had gone to before. According to Chifuyu, he was the Tokyo Manji Gang's top admin. Things seemed different in this life. Things seemed good. However, the issues at mind were that Naoto's number was not on his phone, nor did he know the whereabouts of Mikey and the others. But it was only a matter of time until he got that information as he and Chifuyu had arrived at the meeting with all of Toman's top admins not too long ago.

Around the table were a few familiar faces which delighted Takemichi to know some of his peers from twelve years ago were still doing well. There were a few men who he hadn't recognised either and didn't have the time to ponder over who exactly those people were as the atmosphere became drenched with tension due to the argument which had erupted between Pah-Chin and a few of the other men.

However, the ruckus was soon interrupted by the sound of footsteps echoeing from the lavish hallway.

"Aren't we having fun?"

Takemichi turned around to the familiar voice and his jaw almost dropped at who stood before him; Kisaki Kettai.

Suddenly, everyone who was sitting down a second ago rose to their feet and bowed with respect to the tall man who made his entrance. "Good evening, sir!" They all exclaimed in unision, apart from Takemichi who just stared in a sense of confusion and panic at everyone.

Kisaki smiled a grin so warming that it completely lifted the intimidating aura around him, "Enough with the formalities, guys!" He chuckled. Takemichi was nothing but confused at the light-hearted tone of his enemy. There was something different about him, almost charming. Maybe, just maybe, Kisaki was a changed man in this future, he thought.

Just then, Kisaki eyed Takemichi carefully with a small smile on his lips. "Takemichi, Chifuyu, may I have a moment of your time?"

Takemichi hesitated for a moment but agreed. He and Chifuyu followed Kisaki out of the room and through the extravagant halls of the rich building. The time traveler looked cautiously towards his partner as Kisaki led the way while making meaningless small talk. Chifuyu was busy observing the marble walls and decor around the hallway. He brought his hand up to rub the back of his neck in deep thought and that was when Takemichi noticed a silver ring on the man's left hand.

He leaned in a little closer to get a better look at the ring before whispering lowely to his friend in disbelief, "Chifuyu, you're... married!?" Even the question sounded bizarre to him.

The other man turned to face him immediately, staring at his friend in confusion. "Did you hit your head or something, Takemichi?" Chifuyu mumbled, an amused smile tugging at his lips. The response was vague, yet Takemichi assumed the younger male's answer from the pleasant look on his face after the subject of marriage was brought up.

Before Takemichi could even wonder who he was wedded to, the three had entered Kisaki's office and were offered to take their seats. Putting the conversation he just had aside, Takemichi took his seat across his enemy who was jokingly teasing Chifuyu about something.