One || Cup Ramen

-Art by noe_uoo on Instagram-

[Reference to manga chapters 82-84]

Slurrrrp

The pair of chopsticks dug into the pot ramen once more before pulling out another scoop of noodles for the blonde boy to devour yet again. Slurrrrp.

Sighing restlessly, Chifuyu held out his cup of instant ramen for Takemichi, "Want some?" He asked casually with a mouthfull.

Takemichi gladly took the cup from his friend as he begins to eat for the first time since he had time traveled back to the year 2006- it was the late afternoon, he had just confessed everything he knew about his powers and the future to Chifuyu, who suprisingly believed him, which lifted much stress from his shoulders.

The boy chewed tenderly and slowly as his partner only continued to ramble on about how frustrated he was at the thought of being killed by Kisaki. As he ate, Takemichi's thoughts drifted to the most mundane things; starting with the scarring image of Chifuyu's dead body, and then rising to the memory of the silver ring on his left hand. "I think you were married in the future, Chifuyu..." Takemichi mumbled without thinking.

Chifuyu, on the other hand, halted his ramble and raised an eyebrow. "What? Really?"

"I'm sure of it." Takemichi responded seriously.

The boy in the sweater only looked at the sky, completely throwing away his theories on how to save Toman from the future, to ponder over the unrelated information he just recieved. "Who was I married to? Was she hot?" He asked rather eagerly.

His friend looked down at the cup ramen in his hands, eyebrows twitching at the only name that came to his mind. He needed to be truthful with Chifuyu, he reminded himself. So, sucking in a breath, Takemichi told him, "I think it was (Y/N)."

Chifuyu gasped and Takemichi couldn't figure out whether it was of suprise or terror, maybe even both. "Her!? But I don't even talk to her, sure she's pretty, but we're nothing alike! Are you sure, Takemitchy?" The blonde sighed, cheeks burning a little pinker at the thought.

The time traveler only took another bite from the noodles and spoke as he chewed, "I just figured since she was there. In the future, I mean. She busted in and knocked Kisaki and his guards down and tried real hard to save us," Chifuyu furrowed his brow as his friend continued, "She didn't manage to get him down completely though because when he finally reached his gun, he shot her. And then you too." Takemichi recalled back to the moment in the future when he noticed the certain gleam in the older Chifuyu's eyes when he watched (Y/N), and the woman herself returning the same sort of look to him. But he didn't want to say that out loud just yet. Maybe he did misread the situation. Perhaps the older Chifuyu just really liked wearing that ring without significance.

"So it wasn't just me and Baji, but (Y/N) too. Kisaki's got a lot of nerve coming for our members like that- I'll kill him." Chifuyu muttered with his eyes closed. "Not right now... as the third division captain, Kisaki has a lot of men under his command," He stood up from the bench as he went on to talk about the difference between where Kisaki stood and how he and Takemichi ranked in comparison. With a grin, the boy turned back to his friend with uplifting words. "You're gonna make the first division into an unbeatable team, Takemitchy. We'll curb stomp the Black Dragons, Kisaki, and I don't care who! I got your back to the very end!"

Takemichi said nothing but stared at Chifuyu's empathetic hand. "Let's make this work." Said the boy in the sweater with his classic grin.

Returning a smile, Takemichi grabbed his friend's hand, "let's do this, partner!"

Bittersweet ||Chifuyu x Reader||जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें