Fourteen || Biscuits

-Art by sikinen44 on Twitter-

"And then he told me to be selfish! Can you believe that? He said if I wasn't going to stay safe for myself then I should stay safe for him! He totally sounded like a movie star or something!" Emma and Hinata concentrated on my words while exchanging suspiscious glances to each other every now and then.

"Remind me: when did this happen again?" Emma asked with a raised brow.

I hummed, looking around the clean living room of my friend's home. "Well it was on Thursday, so a couple of nights ago."

"Right. And you're still thinking about him? Girl, are you sure you weren't totally smitten by him?" She rested her chin against her hand as our other friend smacked Emma's other arm.

Hinata pounted and flaunted her arms around as she squealed in my defense, "Don't patronise her- this is the first time (Y/N)'s had feelings for a guy!"

I froze at those words, nearly dropping the cup of tea Emma had kindly prepared for me just minutes ago. "Eh? What are you saying, I don't have feelings for him!"

Emma leaned over the table with a shit-eating grin. "You're blushing. You are so into Chifuyu, heehee!"

Slapping her hand away immediately, I snapped back with fervid intensity. "Don't you heehee me!" I mimicked her voice, making Hina and her laugh which wasn't even my intention. "I'm just trying to tell you guys that I think he's really cool,"

But of course Hinata didn't buy it either. "Admit it, (Y/N). You fell for him. And you fell hard. Come on, after a whole week of being angry with him and then suddenly chattering gladly about him the moment you both make up- it's obvious you're happy to be able to speak with him, and to top it off you're more excited about it than you were before!" The brunette said as Emma just nodded in agreement.

"That's because I am happy, but it's not like I like him or anything," I began searching for any excuse as Hinata's statement was making more sense the longer I thought about it. "I've never liked a guy, or not in a while at least- anyways I just don't think I'm into him like that."

The other two high-fived when they noticed I was beginning to doubt myself. Emma leaned across the coffee table and poked my chest with a cheeky grin, "It's easy to tell if you like a guy or not. If you feel something in your chest when you're with him, well then my young grasshopper, it means you're in love!"

My cheeks went red as I moved away from her. The way she was treating me as if I was so inexperienced with love was embarrassing, but what was even worse was that this whole ordeal was about literally Chifuyu. The same guy who treats his pet cat like his own baby with how much he pampers him; and gets excited whenever the two characters in his cliché shoujo manga share a kissing scene; and is such a mama's boy that he still follows every order his mother gives him, despite being a feared delinquent in one of Tokyo's most menacing gangs. Actually, the last point was kind of soft. I shook my head, mentally cursing myself for finding the lamest things about him cute.

"But anyways," Hinata said as she took a biscuit from the plate in front of us. "Don't tell Mitsuya about your crush. I made the mistake about telling my dad about Takemichi a while ago and he tried to make us break up, can you believe the audacity!?"

Emma and I scoffed in unision. "Men." She groaned in dissapointment.

"Men." I agreed im the same tone.

The blonde turned to me and said, "Yeah, he might get all protective and stuff too, so don't let Mitsuya kno-"

"Don't let Mitsuya know what?" A sudden voice spoke out loud.