Eighty Five

You look over at the door, expressionless as Keigo walks in, his wings brushing past the doorframe as he enters. His hand is over his face, moving to slide the yellow visors he wore as part of his hero costume up.
You see him let out a small breath before he makes eye contact with you, his golden eyes seeming hesitant. Clearly still upset with you over you snapping at him.
"Hey dove." He says, offering a soft smile before he ducks down to untie his boots, Mon running and sliding along the wooden floors, straight into Keigos legs. "Hello, Mon." 

"Was work okay?" You ask, resting your chin on the back of the chair. 
"Boring." Keigo says with a sigh, placing his boots out of the way of the door before looking back up at you, a little more warmth behind his eyes. "Should have just stayed at home with you guys." 
"I'd have liked that." You say, reaching a hand out for him. 
He takes the hint, heading straight to the sofa and sitting beside you, allowing you to slide up to him, his arm wrapping around your shoulder as you place your head against his chest. 

"Did you have a good rest?" Keigo asks, kissing the top of your head. 
You hum, taking a deep breath and letting it out audibly.
"I'm sorry about earlier." You say, reaching for his spare hand. He allows you to take it, interlinking his fingers between your own.
"Don't worry about it." He says, resting his cheek on your head.
"No, no. It wasn't nice." You say, firmly. "I don't know what came over me." 
Keigo stays quiet, and you can feel his breath fanning over the top of your hair.
"I lied. I do." You sigh. "I think."

Keigo squeezes your hand, like he was letting you know silently that he was still listening. 
"It's just... I'm so sick of these things." You sigh, squeezing his hand back so he knows what you're referring to. "It sucks not being able to feel things properly. I miss being able to touch things without material blocking two of my fingers. I miss feeling normal."
Keigo begins rubbing his thumb over the little exposed skin on the back of your hand.
"Man, I miss being Quirkless." You say with a dry chuckle. "This sucks still. I'm sorry."
"You've been doing so well." Keigo reassures you. "You'll get there, I promise." 
"I know, I know." You mumble, freeing your hand from his. "Just miss feeling you properly."

He snatches your hand back, slipping the glove off in one smooth movement and sliding his fingers between your own again, bringing your hand to his mouth and kissing it gently.
You go to complain, but stop yourself, instead allowing yourself to enjoy the feeling of his skin against yours properly for the first time in what felt like forever. 
He keeps your hand pressed against his cheek, still interlinked with his own, his soft skin nuzzling into the back of your hand as he hums happily.

"I didn't mean to upset you." He says, nuzzling into your hand again. "I'm sorry. I understand it must be hard."
You smile, squeezing his hand in acknowledgement. 
"Hey." He says, tipping your head back with the hand that had been slung over your shoulder. His eyes are looking down at yours, a burning intensity behind them. "Wanna touch my wings?"
You can't help the giggle that passes your lips. 
"You hate it when I touch them." 
"Not when you're gentle." He says, kissing your hand again before letting go of it. "I love it when you're gentle." 
You roll your eyes, but climb onto his lap anyway. 

"Get rid of that thing." Keigo grumbles, his fingers dipping underneath the material of the second glove, easing it over your hand. 
You rest your chin on his shoulder, your arms reaching over his shoulders and touching the feathers hanging over the back of the sofa gently, running your fingers down over the spines of them. A low hum rumbles through his chest, his hands dropping to your waist.
You continue petting them softly, appreciating the feeling of every single soft feather as your fingers grazed over them. It had been so long since you'd touched them entirely gloveless, and you wanted to treasure it while you could.

Keigo presses a kiss against your neck.
"Hey..." He murmurs, his voice low. His hands flex against your waist, the grip he had either side of you tightening for a second before loosening again. "Wanna go christen the bed?"
Your lips pull upwards. 
"What's wrong with here?" You ask sweetly, moving your head and hands away, placing them either side of Keigos face. 
"For old times sake?" Keigo half-jokes, a loving look washing over his face as he tilts his head. 
"For old times sake." You repeat, lowering your face to kiss him.

-

Keigo pulls Y/N towards him, ignoring the fact she was panting, sweaty and still trembling.
"Jeez, Keigs. I'm not sure I'll be able to walk tomorrow now." She jokes weakly, her voice almost as shaky as her legs were.
Keigo says nothing, just gives a small smile, rubbing small circles with his thumb into her shoulder. 
He'd ended up taking her to the bed anyway. The bad feelings he'd been trying to hard to let go of, Ichikas voice mocking him over and over in his head, had come back with a vengeance and entirely ruined any chances of him actually being able to do what he'd wanted to do with her.

"I feel bad." She murmurs, her voice dropping low as her hand snakes down his stomach and threatens to dip under his waistband.
"Mmm, did I not tire you out enough, angel dearest?" Keigo asks, slipping his own hand down and trapping her there, holding her hand in a way he never cherished properly before. Her skin against his own, no glove in the way, making things feel a little unnatural.
"No, you did. I just want you to feel good too." She says, her voice small and muffled by his chest.

"Knowing you're taken care of is enough for me." He says, rubbing his thumb over hers. A half truth. He'd missed her. Their sex life had calmed down significantly recently, the guilt and the fights having put a dampener on it. He wanted to have her in the most intimate way possible. In their house. In the perfect, cosy, nest-HOME. Home. He wanted to worship her in the ways no-one had ever worshipped her before. Like she deserved. Like he'd missed. But his mind and body had other ideas.
"Hmm. Okay." She murmurs, moving their hands higher, so that their hands lay on his stomach.

"I'm sorry for being miserable lately." She apologises again.
"You're fine." Keigo says, quickly. He didn't want to revisit this conversation again. "It's been tough. We'll get there." 
She nods her head, her hair tickling his chest ever so slightly. 
He lays holding her quietly for a while, staring up at the ceiling as she begins to tremble less and less, her body pressing more and more into his as she recovers from her highs, clearly seeking heat now her skin wasn't so flushed.

Keigo maneuvers a wing, lifting it from the blanket to lay it over her entirely bare body. She lets out a happy hum, nestling even further into him.
"I love the house." She says. "I looked around it properly today. It's beautiful. You did so well decorating it." 
Keigos heart lifts, feeling like it may just flutter out of his body.
"Yeah?" He asks, wanting her to repeat it, to make sure she was definitely telling the truth.
"Yeah. It's really, really pretty everywhere." She says, a smile evident in her voice. 
She unclasps her hand from his, her head lifting to face him. 

Her hair is a mess, practically a massive tangled mess atop her head from earlier, silver mixing in with black, no clear split between the two sides any more. Her face is still flushed slightly from earlier, the pink tint still brushed over her cheeks. Her eyes are kind, loving. Looking at him with adoration. The first time he'd seen that look in a while. It felt like his heart was going to burst as soon as he recognised the look in her eyes. Her lips were tugged up into a half-sultry smile, and the smudged lipstick from their kissing only added to the charm.
She was so perfectly imperfect.

"Just..." She says, her finger tapping his forehead lightly.
Her finger moves to his nose, tapping it on the tip of his nose as lightly as she had his forehead. "Like..."
Her thumb rubs over his bottom lip, tugging it lightly.
"You."