SneakPeak_Chapter 12. The More You Know (Part 1)

֍֎֍

He rolls his eyes at me. "Just answer me, okay? What happened to you?" He dismissed my teasing and asked me again. I sigh. Well, might as well just let him know the truth, right?

"My mom died," I said. He crooks his eyebrows at me as if he still wants to know more. And I sigh again. Sad memories... do I really wanna go there? "My brother killed her," I said.

"What?!" Ivan appears to be in shock. "I never knew that," he said. "I'm so sorry to hear that, Jeremy."

Honestly, I never thought I'll hear Ivan Hendrik wish me his condolence but then again that's what everyone will wish when they heard of people's death right? "My brother was a junkie. He asked for money from my mom that day and she didn't have any so... It was a bit of a blur now. It happened right in front of my eyes. He just stabbed her. And then he ran away. I called 911. And waited," I continued. I remember the waiting though. My heart was beating fast. I was praying non-stop for Lord Jesus to spare my mother. I was crying, holding her in my arms. Her blood soaked up to my shirt. Her blood on my hands... The taste of it on my hand and how much my hand shakes lingers in the back of my mind. "She didn't make it," I said. I remember how much I wanted to think that she is still alive when I was holding her. She had stopped moving. She had stopped breathing. But I kept on holding on to her, as if... if I did that, she could still be saved. Silly me...

֍֎֍

*Told from Jeremy Jefferson's point of view