Chapter 3. Ruined (Part 1)

~15.07.2013, 4.30 p.m., IVAN HENDRIK~

As I had expected from TDE (The Dead End), suicide is committed as a sign for a completed mission. A few hours ago, the assassin had shot himself in the head and we also found the window next to it broken from the inside as if someone had jumped out of the building but no bodies were found. Jeremy, our prime and most important witness at this very moment had sworn that there were two guys at the scene and one of the guy (which I suspect the one who had committed suicide) had called the other guy 'Master'. It's the biggest lead ever in TDE case where their leader, called 'Master', had been involved out in the open. Why? That question still remains.

It's horrifying to think how anyone could ever wanted to join such organization. For what cause did they join? They were going to die anyway... They were going to kill themselves in the end. It's just crazy. It's something out of my comprehension. The thoughts filled my head as I'm heading to the interrogation room now to talk to Jeremy with my chief officer, Carl Lewis. I hope he can identify or come out with a sketch of the this so-called 'Master' of the TDE.

֍֎֍

~15/07/2013, 4.45 p.m., JEREMY JEFFERSON~

I've been held here for a while now, it's nuts! Why are they keeping me here? I'm not the one who committed those murders! Is this how they treat a witness? Oh fuck, I had just witnessed a crime, right? Shit. I'm scared. Damn. I'm so fucking scared.

The door is opened. The sound made me jolted in surprise a little. I was trembling. It only made sense that I would tremble. Who wouldn't be if they were in my shoes? I had just witnessed people being murdered and saw a cold dead body with his head all bloodied right in front of my very naked eyes a few hours ago. I shudder a little from the scary memory.

The people who came in through the door were the guy who had come to my rescue. Along with him is a shorter, older bald guy that stood at the door. They close the door and both of them then sit down in front of me. We were separated by a cold metal table. There's butterfly in my stomach. I feel nauseous and there's a strong possibility that I might faint. I've never been in an interrogation room before and I've absolutely never been so scared in my entire life!

"So..." The bald guy started. "Jeremy Jefferson, is it?" He asked me to confirm of my identity.

I nod at him. "Yes. What's happening? Can I go?" I asked. I need to go. Don't they get it? I'll fly off to Venice with my boyfriend, Brandon, in six hours from now. They can't keep on holding me here for no good reason.

They both only sigh at my question and that just confirms the fact that I might stay here a bit longer, right? "Mr. Jefferson," He called.

"Please just call me Jeremy," I indicated.

He looks at me with a tired look in his eyes. "Jeremy, I'm Carl Lewis, chief of the TDE investigation team. TDE stands for... 'The Dead End'. They are an organization of... well, assassins. We've been trying to nail them down for years and had been unsuccessful in the matter. And now the biggest lead we ever had after years of tracking them down is you," he explained.

I gawp at him in surprised. My brain is still processing all the information that had been given to me. Am I hearing things right? Assassins, is it? What the hell have I gotten myself into? This is huge, is it? Is it, really? Huge? "What do you mean?" I asked, refusing to believe in my own thoughts.

"What he means is that," the other guy started to explain. "You are an important witness to an important murder case which can expose the identity of a very important elite group of assassins."

I look at him in surprise and realization begins to hit me fast... "What?!" I asked, surprised at myself for it sounded like a scream instead. "You gotta be kidding me," I said, still refusing to believe what they had told me.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" The guy asked me sarcastically. Holy fuck. Just who is this guy? He's so fucking rude and he's been looking at me like I'm an eyesore to him. He's getting on my nerve.

"And who the fuck are you?" I asked, feeling annoyed at his rudeness that I myself began to show my bitchy side to him.

He only scoffs at me for being rude at him like he didn't care. "Oh, sorry," he apologized. It doesn't sound like he means it. "I forgot to introduce myself," he added with a smile. An insinuating smile that made me feels like slapping him hard on his face. "I'm Ivan Hendrik, nice to meet you," he said. The way he introduced himself sounded so cynical and the name is all too familiar to me.

"Huh?" I look at him up and down. "Fuck," I cursed and look away, refusing to look at him any longer in his eyes. The fuck? Ivan Hendrik? All grown-up? And he's a cop? This is way too comical. I began to laugh mockingly a little. "You, the school's biggest bully. A cop? Really? Oh man, I should've just let those guys shoot me in the head. Oh, wait. Maybe I'm already dead. And this is hell. That made sense, right? You are the first person I'd expect to meet in hell anyway, Ivan," I said, mocking him.

He scoffs again at me. "Clever," he simply commented with no indication that he was even offended. That only made me fumes more in anger.

Before I could come out with my come-back, the chief manages to stop me with a silly question, "you guys know each other?" He asked.

"Yeah, he was the weakest guy back at school," Ivan said, trying to offend me. And it works.

"And you were the most wicked guy back at school," I said.

"Oh really, fag?" He asked. Did he just call me 'fag'?

"You-!" I got up, grabbing his collar and he only smiles sardonically at me for his success in offending me with no effort to defend himself. The chief, Carl Lewis, got us both to back off.

"Whoa... easy..." he said. "Ivan, a moment, please," he asked. Ivan only looks at me with a twisted smile and get himself out of the room along with his chief. This is the worst day ever!!!

֍֎֍