Breakfast And Bed

As the door to Mrs. L/n's small one story townhouse was flung open by Jeff's impolite ass, the two were immediately hit with the smell of taco meat and eggs. Jeff felt a chill run down his spine as the almost familiar sounds from the kitchen brought him back to his childhood. A childhood he wasn't interested in reliving anytime soon.

   "Frank?" Came a voice from the kitchen, the sound of a spatula against a skillet pausing as M/n's mom walked into the living room where the two were kicking off their shoes.

   "Hi mom."

   "Aww, hey Bubs. Nice of you to stop by." An older woman walked into the room, immediately making her way over to M/n for a hug. She squeezed him tight and asked him how he was before turning to Jeff, although her gaze didn't. She looked off to his side, her eyes unfocused and wavering. "And who's this?"

   "A work friend, he's new— I mean, newish." M/n explained timidly as he walked over and placed his hands over Jeff's shoulders. "He just got put on nightshift."

   "Must suck for you." She laughed. "Come on. I'm making breakfast burritos."

   They followed her into the kitchen which had a cute little dining nook just next to a big window overlooking the backyard. Jeff breathed a silent sigh of relief when he noticed the backyard was fenced in. She ushered the two to sit down and immediately went back to cooking, occasionally swaying her hips and humming along to the soft music playing from a small radio on the counter next to her.

   "Dude." Jeff whispered. "Dude." M/n was still much more interested in his phone than him. "Dude!" With one last whisper/shout he grabbed M/n's phone and smacked it face down on the table.

   "What the fuck?" M/n didn't know why but he whispered back.

   "Your moms a milf."

   Jeff got a quick kick to his shin from under the table as M/n glared at him with wide eyes and M/n's mom laughed, putting their meals together on porcelain plates.

   "I'm not deaf, just blind, Jackass."

   Jeff gave a little half shrug in astonishment that he was getting in trouble and mumbled a faux apology as their food was set down in front of them.

   "Don't worry about it," she grunted softly as she took her seat. "I'll take the compliment."

   As they started to eat, Jeff was pleasantly surprised by his burrito. After moving to Maryland from Mexico he had to say goodbye to good authentic Mexican food. His mom even swore up and down that she couldn't make it anymore. Whenever he asked why she'd reply simply; "Racists."

   He never understood, not until Liu explained it to him. Colored kids get shit for smelling like ethnic food. That was it. He never thought it was that big a deal but then again it never happened to him.

   The one thing he could thank his mom for.

   "So hun," M/n's mom asked, a little muffled by the napkin she was using to wipe her mouth. "What's your name?"

   M/n shook his head and Jeff had to come up with something quick. "Uh, Ben?"

   "Well that's cute, is it short for something?"

   "Bentley?"

   M/n's mom snickered, hiding her mouth behind her hand as she tried to shut herself up but just couldn't.

   "I'm so sorry." She laughed.

   "It's cool, consider us even."

   They ate, joked, and laughed, blowing off a good hour together. M/n's yawn's sprinkled in here and there. But there was one last thing that needed to be cleared up so Jeff could go to bed easy tonight.