Promises, Promises

[I deleted the Achlys Chapter since I think the general consensus is pretty on the fence. It's fine, I understand. If I want to do something oc based in the future I'll probably just make it a separate story. Anyways, sorry this took so long. My dog died.]

   The first shower after his stitches popped off was immaculate. The pain in his stomach was bearable now that he didn't have to worry about re-wrapping his injuries, or popping his stitches, or running his hand along the thread in a weird way. On the occasion that that last one occurred it, for one reason or another, triggered his gag reflex. Speaking of things that triggered his gag reflex, James was nice enough to bring him his car a few days after he was discharged from the hospital. Along with the car was news that they'd have a new register up and running and he'd be clear to come back and work any day now. As often as he'd complain about his job he enjoyed the little things like schedules, and as nice as the week and a half off was he was starting to feel... empty.

   Toby would pop by occasionally, even getting his groceries for him at some point, and Ben had finally gotten tired enough of the wrenches thrown in his plans to put a face to M/n's name that he did some digging and got his number. His dad stopped by after work a few times just to check in, and Liu started crashing on his couch as a Jeff deterrent. Like he was a cockroach or something, and Liu was one of those fancy plug in bug sprays. Even with all the attention M/n still found himself missing the gas station. He guessed it was the normalcy that was taken from him that had irked him so much. Honestly, he didn't want to dwell on it but that's usually what his brain would circle back to while he was pelted with boiling hot water.

   Realizing he'd have to leave eventually a sigh escaped him, cut off when he clenched his jaw as his faucet squealed in protest to being shut off. As he pulled his shower curtain to the side  he immediately broke out in a shrill scream, having made eye contact with yet another thing that usually triggered his gag reflex. The curtain balled up in his fist had been pulled back against his body to cover the fact that he was about as naked as the day he was born. The way he tried to hide himself made Jeff scoff. It was almost like he's seen him naked before but, you know what, he just couldn't place where.

   "Stop screaming," he spoke monotonously, a tired look on his face most evident in his bloodshot eyes. "Stop screaming, it's just me." The idea that that was why he was screaming went right over his head. There was a good period of silence that fell over them as M/n tried to catch his breath and the reminits of his dignity that practically shattered as soon as he screeched like a five year old girl.

   "Get the fuck out of my bathroom!" He shouted, the hand that wasn't still gripping onto his shower curtain gesturing wildly at the bathroom door.

   "We need to talk."

   "Okay. When my bare ass isn't out in the open, dude, come on." He was still yelling when Jeff threw his hands up defeatedly and stepped out.

   He managed to pull himself together, and stop himself from suffering a fatal heart attack at the ripe old age of twenty-something, enough to waltz out of the bathroom with the same amount of anger a cat harbors in its little body. He was dressed, of course, and ripping the grocery bag that waterproofed his cast from his arm while he stormed into his living room and in front of the rat bastard who had made himself comfortable on his couch.

   "We had drunk sex once! That doesn't give you permission to sneak up on me in the shower! This isn't prison!" He pointed at him as he shouted, the wet bag wadded up in his fist still dripping a little. He glanced at it, probably realizing it wasn't any help in adding to his already weak intimidation tactics, and while still glaring he stomped into his kitchen to toss it out.