19. Lost Trust

I went downstairs to the kitchen and saw Winston.

"Hey, Winston. How are you?" I asked and sat down in the kitchen.

"Good morning Miss." He smiled while making breakfast.

"Hey do you know where Rafe is?" I asked.

"O-oh, he has something to take care of, I think." He quickly mumbled. That was weird. I had the day off because of my injuries and me and Winston spent it together. I tried calling Rafe a few times, but he didn't answer. The sun went down and we were in the living room playing a game of chess. The door then swung open and a bloodied Rafe came in.

"Rafe!" I yelled and ran at him. "What happened!" I reached him and Winston closed the door behind him.

"It's nothing." He scoffed.

"What do you mean nothing!" I yelled and pushed my hair back.

"Alice, I said it's nothing." He seethed.

"W-well, let's go upstairs, I'll help treat these." I said and led him to my room.

"Thanks princess." He muttered with his head down. We reached the room and he sat on the bed. I went to get the first aid from the bathroom and came back to see him shirtless. I didn't let it faze me to be honest but I did feel a little embarrassed. I cleaned up the cuts and bruises scattered on his torso and then bandaged his shoulder that seemed dislocated.

"What happened Rafe?" I asked as he put his shirt back on.

"I don't wanna talk about it now." He replied. I sighed and nodded. I plopped down on the bed then patted the space beside me.

"Time for me to baby you now?" I teased him.

"Stop!" He whined and put his face in the pillow.

"Come on, if I'm princess— you should be prince." I laughed at how corny it was.

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow and cringed. I shook my head and just hugged him tight.

"I'm glad you're okay." I whispered and held him as tightly as I could.

"I'm sorry I worried you." He kissed my head and looked deep in my eyes. "I love you, okay?" He sincerely told me.

"I love you too." I shyly replied. "Oh, you hungry?" I asked.

"Alice, you're the biggest mood kill ever!" He frustratedly yelled and sat up.

"That didn't answer my question!" I laughed at him. He tsked.

"Well, yeah." He answered.

"See!" I pranced in victory and went downstairs to get him some food. I found some cream chicken soup and decided, why not. I heated it up and made him a plate.

"Food's here." I said as I came in.

"Soup?" He asked in annoyance.

"Yes. The official 'Rafe went and got into a fight' food." I scolded him and sat down next to him.

"Well, Mrs. bossy, I can't move my arm." He smirked.

"And?" I asked.

"Feed me." He ordered. I tilted my head in exasperation. "Come on now Miss bossy." He smiled in sweet victory. I growled and took the bowl in my hand. I got a spoon full of soup and put it at his mouth. "Nope, too hot." He beamed from his smile.

"You're enjoying this aren't you?" I asked, unamused.

"Very." He shamelessly replied. I sighed and blew on the spoon. This time he ate it. I felt like an idiot and he had the biggest smile.