20. Breaking Point

"Tyler, I'm sorry. I really have to go!" I took my coffee and he shook my hand briefly before I sped back home. He looked at me from afar with a confused gaze, but right now all I cared about was Rafe. I broke Rafe's trust in me. He got beat up, and I treated him this way. I didn't believe him when he was telling the simple truth. Damn me.

I arrived home and ran through the mansion's gate. The door to the mansion opened and Rafe got out with luggage bags.

"Take your shit!" Rafe screamed and threw my bags.

"Rafe! What are you doing!" I yelled and ran to him.

"I'm a liar right! I'm a shitty liar that you shouldn't have trusted!" He screamed and kicked my bags. His arm was bloody and and his eyes were bloodshot.

"Rafe your arm!" I exasperated and grabbed his arm before he yanked it away.

"I was the idiot here! I was the idiot that trusted you Alice! This is what I got! You don't have one once of trust in me! I'm the bad guy huh! So take your shit and go!" He screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Rafe please I'm sorry!" I started crying and he just put my bags in my hands.

"Out." He ordered, dangerously calm. Winston came from behind him and stared in horror.

"Miss!" He yelled in surprise.

"I-it's okay, Winston." I stuttered and took my bags. I let out a sob as I walked away from them. I heard Rafe let out a high pitched scream. My breath hitched as the old Rafe came out again. I hurt him so damn bad.

I arrived to my house with tears streaming down my face. I threw my bags to the side and plopped down on the couch and sobbed. I was an idiot with him. I decided to do it again. I walked to the kitchen and got out a small knife. I went back to the couch and put the blade up over my arm. I made Rafe hurt himself, so it was only fair I did the same. I screamed out with anger, frustration, and sorrow. I then cut my arm, but not too deep. Blood gushed from the wide shallow cut. I gulped and made another. Then another. Then another. Blood poured out and I didn't stop. I went to sleep on the couch with my arm wet with blood.

I woke up and it was time for school. At this point I didn't care about school, I just wanted to see Rafe there. I got up and washed my bloody arm in the sink. It didn't sting as bad as I thought it would. The multiple cuts didn't faze me. I wanted him back. That was all that I thought about. I wore a big hoodie, and even bigger sweatpants. I walked out the door with messy hair, a pale face, and puffy eyes. I arrived to class early, but Rafe still wasn't there. The bell rang, and fortunately, he walked in with the rest of the students. He sat next to me and glared at me with rage. I was drowsy from all the blood loss and crying.

"I'm sorry." I scratchily croaked. He scoffed and didn't answer. The teacher came in and started class. Rafe stared at me in anger the whole time, but I caught the sadness in his gaze. I teared up from time to time, but pulled myself together. The lunch bell rang and Rafe left me and walked out. Tyler came up to me and looked concerned.

"Alice? You don't look so good." Tyler took a seat beside me.

"I'm fine." I whispered in tears.

"Someone needs a hug." He said with a small sad smile. I nodded and just as I was about to jump in his arms, I was yanked back and Tyler was pushed to the end of the room.

"What do you think you're doing!" Rafe yelled as he held me tight. "You think because of a fucking fight you can have her you fuck!" He screamed at Tyler.

"Then stop giving me that chance!" Tyler hissed back. Rafe was taken aback at the response and stared at him in fury. "Stop hurting her! You give me the chance to take her away, so treat her right!" Tyler yelled at him.

"You try and you're dead!" Rafe threatened him. Tyler walked out as he swore at Rafe. The situation, lack of food, blood, and sleep all toppled in on me and I fell to my knees. I started sobbing uncontrollably and lied down in a ball like state.

"Alice!" Rafe yelled and held me up. "Calm down!" He yelled in bewilderment. I couldn't stop. I sobbed and cried like there was no tomorrow. My heart felt like it hurt and my head felt like exploding. Rafe hugged me and teared up at my state. "Please calm down. Please Alice." He pleaded. "You're breaking my heart princess." He whispered as a tear fell. He paused and pulled my sleeve back. "A-Alice!" He yelled. "W-what is this!" His voice broke at seeing my cuts. "You promised me!" He screamed. I didn't stop crying and sobbing. "L-let's go home baby." He uttered sorrowfully with tears on his face. He dragged me home with him and when he opened the door, Winston saw us go upstairs.

"Miss! I'll make something to eat!" He yelled as Rafe led me upstairs. We reached the bedroom and he helped me down on the bed.

"Alice. Please don't cry. Don't cry because of me." He whispered and put my hair behind my ear. "How could you hurt yourself like this?" He smiled a broken smile and kissed my cuts. He kissed each and every single cut.

"I'm so sorry Rafe. So sorry." I mumbled with a scratchy voice.

"I was the idiot here. I took it too far princess. This is your home too, and I swear all will be better." He promised and kissed my head. Winston knocked then came in with soup. Rafe took the bowl and signaled for Winston to leave. Winston closed the door behind him and Rafe sat next to me. "Now it's my turn to feed you soup huh." He chuckled to lighten up the mood and I finally cracked a smile. "That's my girl." He smiled and spoon fed me.

He blew on it like I did, of course.