Chapter 6

Chap 6: selfish

In the midnight, Shiho leaves her room and goes gently downstair, Shinichi is curling up like a worm. Shiho quickly blankets and gives him a pillow, then she also adjusts his sleeping position comfortably. This idiot detective said that Haibara! She had to take care of herself, but he doesn't take care of himself

7:00 AM

Shinichi's POV

I woke up with a great spirit after a good night's sleep, I see around me, I realized why I can sleep warmly in winter. In the kitchen, a familiar sound come out: you woke up? Don't thing that I will say thanks to you, I have repaired a breakfast – After Shiho finished talking, she sits opposite me on a sofa and reads her magazine. I smile brightly and run into the bathroom.

After about 15 minutes, - Shiho! We eat breakfast now? I am hungry? – I am smiling while rubbing my stomach

She puts down the magazine and glares me: I don't allow you to call me "Shiho"

I realized a hot air in the winter, I immediately run into the kitchen: AH... Shiho! I will drink a cup of water. – Foods which are cooked by Shiho are incredible, during that meal, we talk happily together, I really feel cozy and happiness when I share everything with her.

Suddenly, a call interrupts our conversation: Hello! Why did you call me! Ran

Ran answer embarrassedly: Shinichi! do you have free time tonight? Will we have dinner together?

I am really confused with this situation because in my mind I don't want let Shiho alone, I unconsciously look at Shiho like asking for advice. She seems to understand my actions, she nods: Yes! Ran! we will meet at 5:00 pm, I have some works. Goodbye Ran

Ran smiles gently: Bye Shinichi!

Why did I think about Shiho while taking to Ran, I consistently asked for antidotes to turn back into Shinichi to have dates with Ran however in this case I don't want to do this. I regret because of only taking the time to ask for her antidote, I didn't think about her feelings. When I am deep in confused thoughts, Shiho interrupt sarcastically: BO is defended, you can have dates with your girlfriend freely. After meal, you may come back home, I have some works. No farewell! – After finished talking, she goes into the lab.

I leave Agasa's house with a disappointment, I don't have any reason to stay in here, probably Shiho don't want me to stay here. I came back home, I spend all day on solving cases from Megure inspector and read sherlock homes to kill time

Shiho's POV

I should leave away from here after I complete antidote-APTX 4869? BO is defended, I don't have any reason to live in here, actually, I am really happiness when that obnoxious detective was by her side all day. But I thought a lot, probably, he just considers me as a partner. He consistently wants to return back to Shinichi to meet her "Angel"

4:00 PM

Shiho's POV

I was in lab from 8:00 AM, I try to complete antidote APTX-4869 as soon as possible, but I should go out and go to Ayumi's house because she can make me better. Another reason is that I should visit first real friends before I leave from here

Shinichi's POV

I am lazy to take the shower and repair for the date. Then I met Ran in Beika shopping mall, we stop in a souvenir store in order to buy some gifts for our family. After 30 minutes choose gifts, Shinichi noticed a purple scarf, he thought the image of Shiho in his mind: "purple is really suitable for Shiho, it is a great gift in the Christmas day.

A voice interrupts my thoughts: it is a great scarf Shinichi! Who is that gift for?

_________________________________________________________

Shinichi answer unconsciously: My partner will enjoy this gift because she really loves purple and her health is not really strong so this will keep her warm

Ran sad at Shinichi's attitude, during this date he is not really delight, he regularly has distant thoughts. However, when somebody mention Shiho, his attitude will be better: Shinichi! Your partner is Miyano Shiho right?

Shinichi realized that he just said something wrongly: Ahh...um..Ran! no matter!, she is just my partner, you know that!, now we will go to the restaurant to eat something, I am hungry – Shinichi tries to be happy to avoid doubt from Ran.

Ran don't ask any more and just trusting him: Shinichi! what do you want to eat?

Shinichi thinks some minutes and answer: we will eat beefsteak and sandwich with peanuts butter and green strawberry butter for dessert – Shinichi didn't realize why he choose that dessert

Flashback

While Conan is watching TV, he heard a conversation between Agasa and Haibara

Mr. Agasa: Ai-kun! You don't allow me to eat a lot dessert and sweet cakes, don't you eat sweet foods?

Haibara: not really, because sweet foods are not good for your health, actually, my favourite food is sandwich with peanuts butter and green strawberry butter when I live in America. But this kind of butter isn't bought popularly in Japan.

The professor and Conan ordered these jars of butter before the London journey.

End Flashback

_________________________________________________________

-Shinichi! Shinichi! Shinichi! – what are you thinking? I called you 10 times, are you right? – Ran asks Shinichi when he doesn't pay attention

- No matter Ran, ahh...um I have to go to restroom. – Shinichi quickly un into restroom, he feels worried about Shiho, he calls to telephone in Agasa's house, then he seems to lose under control when nobody answers the phone. He also calls to Shiho's phone number but the phone is not ring. Shinichi calls to Mitsuhiko, Genta, Ayumi with a nervous attitude.

Ayumi's house

Reng! Reng! Reng!

-Moshi moshi, may I help you? – a gentle voice come out

-You must wait in there, don't go to any place, I will go to there and pick you up- Don't let that person answer, Shinichi hang up immediately and run quickly to Ayumi's house.

9:30 PM

After 15 minutes, Shinichi got to Ayumi's house.

-Coc! Coc! Shiho! Are you here! Shiho! – Shinichi urgently knocks the door

The door open, Shinichi quickly grasp Shiho's hands: Aho! Why do you go out late at night? I will take you home – Don't let Shiho react, he says goodbye to Ayumi and drag me home

Shiho barely says goodbye to Ayumi: Bye! Ayumi! See you again.

On the way back home Shiho feel confused about strange actions of Shinichi today, she stops and asks him: what are you doing here?

Shinichi don't answer, he just takes the purple scarf what he just bought put it around her neck, then Shinichi lows himself down: Ne...ne climbing on my back, you walk too slow, quickly, it is too cold.

Shiho tries to reject but Shinichi is really stubborn. The warmth of this body makes her recall memories

Flashback

Conan saved her from Gin and Pisco, he gave her a piggyback ride to escape from wine room where is burned. The warmth of Conan makes her braver and have motives to live

End flashback

But this time, the warmth of Shinichi makes her more selfish, she wants to stop time and keep Shinichi by her side forever. They are come back home together, their hearts seem to combine into one.

Continuing......

Next chap, they will go to work