Abandoned

***Trigger Warning***

Hey folks,

So I skipped over most of Y/N being tortured, but there are still brief mentions of violence and descriptions of blood/wounds. There is absolutely NO sexual assault. I'm assuming if you're here it's because you've watched AOT, so violence, gore, and death shouldn't be new to you. But just in case, if it's not your vibe, it'll be fine to skip to the next chapter.

Anyways, thanks for your love and support; it means the world. Hope you enjoy Chapter 30! (I can't believe it's been 30 chapters 😱)

-Parks 🖤

P.S. 100 km=62 miles for my fellow Americans lol.

Sometime after her third nail was pulled from its bed, Y/N's entire world was pain. She didn't have the mental capacity to feel any new pain on top of the old. Her nerves were fried, and everything hurt. Even breathing caused her pain.

At first, Ryker asked random questions about Erwin and the Scouts. Y/N refused to answer any of his questions, even the harmless ones. They fell into a pattern of questioning, torturing, questioning. When he grew bored of their routine, he spent the rest of the night talking about himself, with outbursts of violence whenever she didn't react how he wanted.

This went on well into the night. Y/N was tired of fighting, of arguing, of trying to survive. Just tired. Y/N wasn't sure when, but she fell asleep and woke up to a bucket of water splashing across her aching body. What felt like a minute of rest, must have been hours based on the sunshine in the window.

"Just kill me already, Ryker. Fuck," Y/N groaned.

"Slow down, Y/N. We have a full day ahead of us."

His smile turned her stomach.

Y/N endured another day of physical torture along with the mental torture of listening to Ryker talk endlessly. When he turned to nurse his bloody knuckles, he noticed that the sun had gone down.

"Oh! Well, sweetheart. Our time together has come to an end," he pouted.

Y/N barely heard his words because her ears were still ringing from his last punch. Her head hung forward onto her chest: she didn't have the energy to hold it up. Through her swollen eye, she could just make out the array of dried blood on her clothes. The bottom layers were a deep brown decorated with various shades of maroon and rust splotches. A part of her knew she should be excited that all of this was finally over, but she only felt pain.

"I know I promised I would kill you at the end of this, but that's not as fun, is it?"

Y/N sighed. She was tired of his games.

She tilted her head to the side so that she could look at him without actually lifting her head. He was washing his hands in a bucket of water on the dresser. The sight of her own blood splattered across his shirt infuriated her. She hated that he was the one who kidnapped her, of all people, but she was mostly mad at herself.

I should've fought harder. I should've stayed closer to my squad. It shouldn't have been so easy to get kidnapped.

"We're in Shiganshina on Wall Maria," Ryker continued.

Wait, what? That caught Y/N's attention. We're not inside the walls??

Y/N flinched at the clatter of her swords falling on the ground next to her.

"My soldiers have already taken down two Titans since we've been here, so I think it would be more exciting to simply... leave you here," Ryker chuckled. "Think you can make it 100km to Wall Rose without dying?"

"Coward," Y/N coughed out.

Ryker's hand cracked across Y/N's cheek. "I'm being resourceful, you bitch," he spit the words at her. "Besides, I'm leaving you with your swords, so you're not completely defenseless."

Y/N rolled her eyes and let her head hang forward again. Without her ODM gear, her swords were basically useless, especially without replacement blades. They both knew her swords wouldn't make a difference. Her exasperated chuckle turned into a cough.

"You know that's impossible," Y/N huffed. "You're just too scared to kill me."

Ryker pulled his foot back and kicked her in the thigh. Y/N held in her whimper; she didn't want to give him anymore satisfaction. She could hear Ryker scoff, and she knew he was disappointed.

He walked behind her and cut the rope binding her wrists. Her arms were stiff and painful when she dragged them forward to rest in her lap.

"You will die like countless Scouts before you: between the jaws of a Titan."

Ryker spit at her feet then climbed the stairs. The second the door closed, her body slumped to the floor. She didn't try to get comfortable or avoid her wounds, she just laid in the position she landed. Y/N heard the sound of footsteps then the opening and closing of the door. Outside, she heard horses whinny and stomp their hooves. Everything was muffled through the wall, so she couldn't make out what was being said.

When the horses galloped away, they took all the noise with them. There was no more talking, no footsteps, not even breathing. Y/N managed to hold out a few more minutes to make sure they were gone before she was pulled into unconsciousness.

~

Y/N jerked awake. She couldn't see anything in the darkness.

In a haze, her shaky voice called out, "Erwin?"

When she tried to sit up, pain ricocheted through her body. The basement came into view as her eyes adjusted, and, for a split second, Y/N panicked that Ryker heard her. She had to concentrate to remember that she had been abandoned just outside Wall Maria. Y/N glanced at the window and didn't see a hint of light.

I still have time before the Titans start moving, Y/N thought as she slipped back under.

~

The next time she woke up, light was just beginning to come through the window. She felt like she could sleep for centuries.

No one is coming to save me, Y/N thought. The realization hit her hard. If I don't get up and start walking, I will absolutely die here.

Is that so bad? You'll probably die anyways.

I'll be damned if Ryker takes me out.

He already has.

"Fuck you," Y/N strained as she rolled onto her arms to push herself up.

Her legs were unstable at best, so she clung to the pillar she had been tied to for support. After a minute or two, she was able to walk to the dresser where Ryker had left the bucket of water. Y/N looked down at the water; it was a little cloudy, but it was better than nothing.

The one empty nail bed on her right hand screamed when she dipped her hand into the water. She hissed and added her left hand in the bloody water. It was missing two nails, and she had to grit her teeth at the pain from all three at once.

When her hands were finally clean, she cupped her hand and carried water to the gash on her arm. The wound was coated in a foul mixture of blood and dirt. Tears poured down Y/N's cheeks as she scrubbed it clean with her hand. It took a few rinses before she was satisfied.

Then she scooped water with her hands and splashed it on her face. Her fingers gently prodded her eye to feel how swollen it was. She could only see out of a small slit on her left eye, but her right eye wasn't too bad.

She still felt dirty, but she was running out of time. Y/N picked up her swords and walked up the stairs.

"I'm on my fucking way, Erwin," Y/N grumbled as she shoved the front door open.