Chapter 7: Silence

-Lando

Silence. Everything is quiet, I can't hear anything. I try to open my eyes, to realize where I am. The pain is so heavy, before I can do anything everything is spinning around. My head is pounding, slowly I pass out and it feels like my body isn't there anymore.

-Mila

Is this my fault? Did I do this? Slowly I get it, Lando is hurt. He is in pain. He got an accident, the ambulance has already arrived, no updates yet. If he dies it is all my fault, is shouldn't got into this fight and make such a problem of it. Please let him be alive. He can't race now that is for sure, I try to walk but I don't know what to do. I am shaking, my hands are sweating. My whole body is going crazy because this might be my fault. We weren't even in a relationship and still this happend, it never should have happend in the first place. I made a huge mistake. Stupid girl I am. He isn't gonna forgive me for this, never.

*A Few hours later *

I arrive at the closest hospital I could find, probably they brought him here.

I walk to the desk and ask for him: 'Madam, I'm Mila. I'm looking for Lando Norris, is he laying or getting operated in this hospital?'
'Yes, he is. He is still in surgery, I don't know how he is doing. You should wait until he is awake.'
'Ok, thank you. I'm gonna wait here then.'

*Later *

The night has already arrived, and still no news. I don't know if that's supposed to be good or not. He probably isn't even awake I think.
Suddenly I hear a nurse calling me.

'Mila! Mila! You can visit him now, but I have some bad news...
'What is it?' I ask.

'Uhm, well. Yeah I don't know how to say it otherwise but he is in coma... The accident was that bad that it wasn't safe for him to wake him. He doesn't have the strength himself. We believe it is gonna be okay. But we don't know how long it will take.

It kicks in, the fear that he will not make it. Even if the nurse says that it's probably gonna be okay. In the end it was still my fault.

'Ok, thank you.. Can I still visit him? I want to see him.'

'Yes that is okay. He is laying in room number 4. '

Wow can this be any crazier. Number 4, his racing number. Hopefully it brings him luck.

'Okay thank you for the help.'

The nurse walks away and and I start looking for room number 4. It will not be that hard because he is on the ground floor.
Finally I found the hallway.
Room 1, room 2, room 3 and number 4 of course. I stand in front of the door, this is the room. I can't see him from here, they closed everything. No one is with him I think.
I'm still hesitating to walk into the room. I'm to shy for this, but he can't see or hear me probably. So why am I nervous..
I open the door and see him laying there, it's even worse then I thought. It must have been so bad because he is almost laying like a mummy there. Can't imagine what he thinks of me now, he can't even think anything probably but still.

I walk to his bed and touch his hand softly. His hand feels a bit cold. I want to do something right now, I know that is not possible.
I say to him; 'I still believe in us, if there was even an us ever. But still I liked you from the beginning, you are special. I hope we can be together if you wake up. It will be complicated, it's gonna be hard also with your racing. But let someone in, it won't affect your racing.'

Many days pass, it seems like forever. Mila was already home after the first day and she waits until the call from the hospital that he is awake..