Hero or Monster

A/n: inspired by a tumblr post, https://paintlittle.tumblr.com/post/152966078174/bo-bokuto-san-dont-worry-akaashi-ill 

Akaashi was running through the woods when he heard his name being called. By the time he ran out of energy, he was too deep in.

The woods were dark and scary. He heard a twig snap as jerked his head around. He saw a kid around his age, 10, with large wings, horns, talons, and weird eyes.

"Hello! Are you lost?"

The boy came up to him with a smile on his face. He stuck out his hand to Akaashi.

"I'm Bokuto Koutarou! Who are you?" -Bokuto

Akaashi looked shocked. He shook his head and shook his hand.

"I'm Akaashi Keiji."

"Well Agaashi! What are you doing out here?"

"I'm lost."

"Well! I'll take you to the edge of the forest if you want."

"I'd like that very much."

After that, Akaashi was taken to the edge of the forest. They conversed the entire time and for once, Akaashi felt himself smiling uncontrollably.

Akaashi would continue to meet Bokuto in the forest for years after. Their friendship blossomed into a love for one another.

Akaashi invited him into town many times but Bokuto always refused. It wasn't until Akaashi heard some people talking about a monster in the forest that he understood why.

Even though Bokuto never went to town, Akaashi would see him at the edge of the woods from his window, watching over him.

Unfortunately, people sometimes spotted him.

The town was becoming restless with Bokuto because he was "dangerous". They decided to go hunt for him in the forest in groups. Akaashi had to warn Bokuto so he ran in by himself and searched for Bokuto. Unfortunately, he found the townsfolk and not Bokuto.

They didn't believe him that he got lost. They also heard him calling out to Bokuto.

They stopped the search, dragged him to the town square, and tied him to a post. Kids threw rocks at him, mothers and women hit him with sticks, and the men just hit him.

He was there for hours, crying and shouting as each hit brought more pain. It wouldn't stop until the town elder said so.

The elder watched and waited for his turn. He walked to Akaashi with a katana in hand. He lifted it to strike and swung down.

The katana shattered into pieces before it reached Akaashi. Everyone watched as Bokuto held Akaashi and had one hand up to stop the blade. Akaashi was across his lap and resting on his arm.

Bokuto glared at the elder.

"You won't lay a hand on him." -Bokuto

The elder stepped back.

"Monster, let the child go."

"You call me the monster for saving him, yet you want him dead."

Bokuto glared at the crowd watching them. 

"You either let us leave and we won't come back, or you fight and I kill you. Pick."

Bokuto and the elder glared at each other. The elder was the first to glance away.

"Fine, take your leave before I change my mind."

Bokuto huffed and secured his arms around Akaashi before flying away.