Chapter 7 Initiation

Future students all stood on the cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest, all of them stood next to each other on small platforms with Beacon's emblem on them. Akage was standing between Yang and Ruby while Kuro and Blake were standing on the far right, Alexander and Weiss were standing in the middle of line. Ruby looked around looking for someone before she saw someone waving on the far left of the line was standing Amadeus. He waved towards her few times before turning back to Ozpin. Ozpin cleared his throat and looked at them. 

"For years you have trained to become warriors and today your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest."

 Then, Glynda who was standing next to him looked up from her scroll.

"Now, I am sure that many of you heard about the assignment of teams. Allow us to put end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates, today."

"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here, at Beacon. So that is in your best interest to be paired with someone whom you can work with. That being said, the first person you make an eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years."

 A distant sound of glass breaking was heard by everyone. 

"After you've partnered up, make your way towards northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way, do not hesitate to everything in your path...or you will die."

 Kuro raised eyebrow at that while Amadeus chuckled slowly at his uncle's actions.

"You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path, containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of this cliff. We will guard that item as well as your standing and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?"

"Y-Yeah..sir."

 A blonde guy tried to ask a question but Ozpin being himself...sipped on his coffee and ignored him.

"Good! Now, take your positions."

 Both Kuro and Blake dropped down to crouch and readied their blades. Akage smirked and cracked his knuckles before taking wide position while Amadeus and Alexander where standing calmly.

 Blond guy tried again to ask a question but he was launched out from the pad, soon followed by the rest of the students. 

----

"Well...This is interesting."

 Alexander flew through the sky after being launched. He looked at the ground below him before sighing. His silver aura flared up before it formed into a pair of giant wings on his back. As that happened he got control over the direction and speed of his flight.

"I could fly all the way towards the temple and there wait for someone...."

 As he was thinking he suddenly heard a loud scream from under him. He quickly looked down as saw boy in green uniform falling down.

"AAAAA! I didn't thought this through!" 

 Alexander in second dropped down towards him and just as boy was about to hit the trees, he caught him and held him by his arms. Amadeus opened his closed eyes and looked up. 

"Ummm...Heh, mine name is Amadeus Berge. Hello?"

 Alexander glanced down at him before looking forward while slowly descending on the ground.

"Hello, mine name is Alexander Angel. Nice to meet you, partner."

 Amadeus sighed in relief loudly and smiled.