one.

**all photos/music used throughout this book belong to their owners**

Parker

"Alright students, before I end class today I just want to remind you about your paper that's due on Monday. Remember, you have to write about one psychologist that we have talked about in class. Write about their life, their theories, and how you feel about their theories. The paper is to be 3-4 pages long, double spaced, and in Times New Roman font. If you haven't started yet, I would suggest you start today. You all are dismissed."

I closed up my notebook before placing it into my bag. I was so happy with being back in school. It's the beginning of October now, meaning the first semester is almost over basically. Midterms are right around the corner and I'm feeling pretty confident about all of my classes.

"Parker and Elijah can you two come here please?"

Elijah Hayes.

Very cocky, very conceited

Very cocky, very conceited. He's a sophomore, and captain of the football team. He's been trying to get with me ever since I stepped foot on this campus. I pay him no attention though.

"Yes Professor Brown?" I said walking up to her desk. Elijah came up beside me and rested his arm on my shoulder. He reminded me so much of Amir. The shit was crazy. I politely moved before the professor started to talk.

"Parker, you're one of my top students. You actually are the top student. You on the other hand..." She said looking at Elijah. "Not so much. Have you even started on your paper?"

"Come on Professor B, you know I be busy with football and stuff."

"If you don't pass my class there won't be any football and stuff in your future. Now Parker, I know this may be a long shot but would you tutor him? It could be beneficial for you both. You would get paid."

I was hesitant at first because I knew he wouldn't take this serious. But I'm not one to turn down money.

"I'll do it." I said.

"Thank you. I will send your name over to the tutoring center so that they can get you into the system. Elijah, please don't waste her time. Take this serious."

"Of course Professor B."

"You guys are dismissed." I thanked her before heading out to the parking lot. I knew I would regret this.

"Yo!" I heard Elijah say as I reached my car. I turned and saw him jogging towards me. "Looks like we gone be spending some extra time together." He smirked.

"If you don't take this serious, I won't help you." I said turning to open my door.

"Wait." He said gently grabbing my arm. "I have to pass this class, or I won't be able to play. If I can't play, then I can't make the league."