three.

Sorry for the wait y'all. Excuse any errors.

____________________________________

Sunday Morning

Parker

"I wasn't expecting you this early." Elijah said as he opened the door of his dorm. He was only in grey sweats. It was obvious he had just woke up.

"I texted you last night and told you I would be here first thing in the morning. You gone let me in or I gotta stand out here in the hallway?"

He moved out of the way and opened the door wider, allowing me to walk into the room. I kicked off my Crocs before making my way to his bed.

"Your roommate gone?" I questioned.

"That nigga ain't never here." He replied before walking into his bathroom. I took a seat on his bed and started pulling out my things. He walked out of the bathroom a few minutes later with a t-shirt and durag on.

"So, who did you choose to write your paper on?"

"Pavlov." He said as he took a seat by me on the bed.

"Interesting. Have you started?"

"You and I both know the answer to that." He chuckled.

"You do know this is due first thing in the morning, right?"

"I mean, I got a lil somethin somethin down. Just not the finished product."

"Well, let me see."

He reached into his bookbag and handed me his paper. I pulled out a red pen before grabbing the paper.

"Oh man, not the red pen." He joked. I smiled before reading over the paper, making sure to make notes as I read.

"It's not bad." I said handing him his paper back. "It could be better though. It just seems like you threw all your notes into one paragraph. You gotta space it out. Add your own words. Make it to where it looks like you know what you talking about, even if you don't."

"Easier said than done."

"Why you doubtin yourself?"

"I've had people doubt me my whole life." He shrugged. I didn't know what to say, so I just stayed quiet. "My bad. I ain't mean for shit to get deep."

"No, it's okay. You wanna talk about it?"

"Nah, I don't wanna bother you with my shit."

"You know I'm a psychology major right? Like my goal is to become a psychologist. I mean, I've changed my major a lot but that's besides the point. This is what I'm sticking to. I might as well get used to listening to people. So, let's talk about it."

He sighed before placing his stuff down and laying back on the bed.

"I'm the youngest of five, and all my siblings are successful. Two of my older sisters are doctors, my older brother is a lawyer, and my other brother just got accepted into medical school. On top of that, my parents are both lawyers. Growing up, school wasn't really my strong suit and my parents looked down on me because of it. I mean, I wasn't failing but I wasn't making straight A's and B's like my siblings. I didn't graduate at the top of my class like them. My passion was sports, and I really only made the grades I did just so I could play. It was my outlet, and they hated that. They said that I wouldn't make a real career playing ball. When I got accepted into school you know they ain't even say congratulations? It's like they didn't even care because I'm not tryna wear a white coat for the rest of my life. After I moved out, it's like they completely shut me out. My brother, the one that just got accepted into medical school is the only one that reach out to me to make sure I'm straight. The only one who got faith in me for real. I sent them all tickets to my first game, and he was the only one that came. That shit hurts."