four.

Excuse any errors. This chapter bounces around a little lol.
_____________________________

Vanessa

I sat down on the bleachers and took a sip of my lemonade. This has been my routine during lunch for the past few months. The cafeteria was always crazy, and I hated it. I pulled my sub out of my bag before taking a bite.

Been here for months and still haven't really made any friends. The shit was so ass. I missed Houston and part of me wanted to go back, but I refused to move back in with my mama. I can't wait for college.

"Wassup Nessi!" I heard a voice yell. I looked down and saw Janay standing on the track.

I waved to her as she made her way up the bleachers

I waved to her as she made her way up the bleachers. She was really my only friend. I met her on my first day and we instantly clicked. She was so sweet and so down to earth. I smiled as she sat by me.

"I been lookin for you." She said. "I shoulda known you were out here though."

"Yea." I chuckled. "Enjoying the fresh air."

"Yea, it feel good as fuck out here. Definitely giving fall vibes."

"Why were you lookin for me?"

"Oh, what you doin tonight?"

"Supposed to be watching my niece and nephews." I said rolling my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I love them with all my heart but I'm tired of watching them everyday. I just don't have the heart to tell Parker because I know she has no one else.

"Damn."

"Why, wassup?"

"You know AJ? Our quarterback?" I nodded. I knew of him, but I didn't know him like that. "His birthday is today and he's throwing this big ass party at his family's beach house."

"Party? On a Monday?"

"Seniors don't have school tomorrow because the underclass men are testing. Come on! His parties are legendary, and you been sayin how you really haven't made no friends since moving here. Now is your chance."

"Let me check with my sister first to see if she can find someone to watch the kids, then I'll let you know."

"Bet. Just text me." She said before kissing my cheek and standing up. I smiled as I watched her walk away.

***

Later That Day

I walked into the house and tossed my keys into the bowl before walking into the kitchen. Parker was in the kitchen making a sandwich. I don't understand why her and my brother livin in separate houses. It's stupid in my opinion. She got a whole key, and he got a key to her place too. They so backwards.

"Hey V." She greeted.

"Hey." I said taking a seat in one of the barstools.

"How was school?"