Concept

I kept hearing that word, multiple times.
I didn't understand what they meant by it. Did they know? How could it be a coincidence?

"Jungwon? "
Suddenly, Jungwon turned his head. All the members were looking at him.
"What is it?" asked Jungwon.
"We've been talking for 5 minutes and all you did was look at the wall without moving. What is it with you would be more appropriate." Said Heeseung.
"Oh I was just thinking about the meeting earlier. I wasn't expecting the main theme to be crossing between words, and I really wasn't expecting us to be vampires" replied Jungwon.

Not only I have my secret, but I also happen to know how to travel between words...

"Well I think it's a really cool concept!" Said Sunoo. "Vampires are becoming trendy again! " He giggled.

Jungwon smiled. So I'm trendy again?

The boys were about to eat together in the common room. Their manager had spent the whole morning explaining the concept for their debut.
The story was quite complicated and Jungwon started over thinking when he heard the word vampire. Then it kept coming back, and every time he zoned out a bit more. He was worried.

Let's think back to the concept.
How do we turn into vampires in the story? One of us is a vampire, and he turns the other membres. They are all confused about the transformation, trying to understand what's happening to them. And they are caught and imprisoned. Together they try escaping the world they're in.

That's where the whole travel between realms thing comes in. They described it as a line, a border and at first we walk along it, then we cross it. They even said that it might open a door to something bigger, but they're not sure yet.

It is in fact a cool concept. It's weird how it reflects my life, but I'll go along.

"I think you'd be the cutest vampire out there" Said Jay, looking at Jungwon.
"Oh really? Don't you think I could be a badass vampire?" replied Jungwon.
Jay took him by the waist, lifting him up "oh sure you're very badass".
Jungwon laughed.

Beware what you say Jay hyung, you have no idea what I could do.

They ate, talking laughing and trying to predict the songs, according to their new concept.

"Do you think they'll give us powers?" Said Niki.
"What kind of powers do vampires have again?" Asked Sunghoon.
Jake started counting on his fingers, while listing the powers : "there's strength (correct), they don't sleep (it's both a blessing and a curse), they drink blood (drank, we don't have to if we don't want to anymore) , they can turn into bats (depends on the vampire but yeah) , and they're immortals right (yep) ?"
"Yes, I think that's it" confirmed Heeseung.
"Well there's also developed senses, like sight, hearing and smell, they're fast and they are very charismatic" ended Jungwon.
Jay looked at him, and Jungwon replied by making a funny face.
"I know cause my sister used to love vampires and talked about them a lot" added Jungwon.
"Been there" said Sunoo, looking quite traumatized.

"So who should be the first vampire to turn the others?" asked Niki.

This conversation lasted a bit. There were some who didn't want to be the first, out of shyness maybe? At least for Sunghoon and Jake that was it. Jungwon also didn't want to start, but for other obvious reasons.
Niki was all excited and he even fake bit Sunoo, "to train". Sunoo and Jay were okay to do it, but they wouldn't fight for it.
Finally it was decided that Heeseung would be the first vampire, as he was the oldest in Earth age of course.

They spent the afternoon preparing for the upcoming shooting for their debut trailer.

Once back in the dorms, Jungwon needed a bit of time alone. He headed for the balcony to get some fresh air.

Today wasn't bad. I think I'm over thinking it though. How could anyone imagine I really am a vampire? That's impossible. I need to chill, the concept is a coincidence.
The concept is quite cool, but I wonder how it'll turn out.
It was really silly from Jay to think I'd be a cute vampire. A big smile spread his lips while he remembered Jay lifting him. I wish I could show him who I truly am.

He heard the balcony door opening up, and he didn't need to turn back to know it was Jake.

"Long day uh?" said Jake.
"It truly was. But I'm very happy! And proud of us too.. We made it through I-Land and now we are going to debut, it's crazy!" replied Jungwon, showing his dimples.
"I know! I can't believe it's happening. But I didn't want to talk about that. I wanted to check on you, you seemed elsewhere today." explained Jake, looking at Jungwon with the face of a concerned puppy.
"Oh that, don't worry Jake Hyung, I'm really okay. I'm just wondering what I can do to embody the concept the best you know? I want Enhypen to do well." said Jungwon, looking at the horizon.
"I'm sure we will" said a deep voice.
Jake turned back to check their visitor, but Jungwon didn't need to to know the voice was Jay's.
Not hiding his smile, he waited. As expected, Jay came by his side.
"Why are you guys here? It's a bit cold isn't it?" asked Jay.
"Well Jungwon was outside and I was worried about him, so I came talk to him" replied Jake.
"It's not that cold" said Jungwon, who was only wearing a t-shirt. And it's really hotter when you're by my side anyway.
"Are you saying that to avoid a hug?" asked Jay, who hugged him without waiting for the answer.
Jake started going back to the dorm, because he wasn't feeling needed there anymore.

"See, your skin is cold Won. You shouldn't stay here long without a jacket or something" whispered Jay.
"Maybe" smiled Jungwon. The vampire shivered hearing Jay calling him by his true name. One more coincidence.

That night, as Jungwon laid in bed, pretending to be asleep, he thought about the concept again. He came to the conclusion that he should take this chance to enjoy playing the vampire, since he spent all these months pretending to be human.
As he turned in his bed, he heard Sunoo get up, probably to go to the toilet.
He didn't move at all. He was very cautious at night, because if he was always seen awake when other members went to the toilet or got up to drink water, it would be very suspicious. And he really did not want to take any risks.

Sunoo came back and fell asleep quite fast. Jungwon relaxed his muscles a bit. He grabbed his earphones and pressed play on his favorite playlist to make the morning come faster.

~~

The following days passed fast. Between choosing the group's leader, who turned out to be Jungwon, photo shootings, learning new songs and dances, they also filmed quite a lot of scenes.
Overall they were proud of their work, but it felt like they didn't get a minute for themselves.
Jungwon enjoyed nonetheless every moment of business. It was so different from his vampire life!
Here he experienced something new every day. He especially enjoyed filming the scenes for the debut trailers and the mvs. It was really cool to see all the members working together for engene! He also learned to care for his members, as he was the leader.
Finally, he liked to spend time with Jay. It was kind of weird how he didn't even try to spend time with him, but they always ended up together. It was like they were attracted to one another.

After the last day of shooting their second mv, the boys celebrated with lots of food, minus the tteokbokki, which were all eaten by Sunoo.

The following day would be a vacation day, and they were all still deciding what to do.

"I'm sure Sunghoon will rush to the ice skating ring right?" asked Jake.
"I will noooot" said Sunghoon, obviously meaning the opposite.
"I'll go with you if you want!" offered Jake. Sunghoon agreed.
Niki and Heeseung decided they wanted to spend the day paying video games, whereas Sunoo wanted to buy all his favorite snacks and watch a Disney marathon under his blanket.
Jay hadn't shared what he wanted to do yet, so Jungwon waited. He wanted to spend the day with him, but he didn't want it to be obvious.
The conversation started shifting, the other members didn't notice that Jay and Jungwon didn't speak about the following day.
At the same time, both Jay and Jungwon looked to the other, locking eyes. They didn't say a word, but they knew they spend the day together.
It's fitting that no one knows, yet another secret I keep.

That night seemed to last a decade to the young vampire. He kept making plans for his day with Jay, not knowing what would be the best.
Finally he settled on an idea when the sun was coming up.