The Dorm

As the bus started moving, Jay closed his eyes a bit. He was tired from all the emotions of I-land's final moments.

Today has been so nerve breaking.
They announced that Jungwon would be debuting in Enhypen first and I was so proud of him.
I couldn't stand waiting for my name to be called as well.
I think I would have broken that egg if they tried separating Jungwon and me, but hopefully for them they didn't.

The fourth member to be announced was me. I almost didn't believe it when I heard "Jay".
Daniel hugged me right away and I never felt so overwhelmed in my life.
It's silly to think that I wasn't happy just because I was debuting, of course I was, but I was overwhelmed by the fact that I was going to debut with Jungwon.

I was so determined when I first came to I-land. I really wanted to make it, and I was prepared to give my all. I hadn't imagined that it would be so hard, yet I-land was filled with sweet moments, especially with Jun-

The bus stopped suddenly, and Jay felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned his head and automatically smiled. Jungwon was calling him to get out of the bus.
Jay was so focused on his train of thoughts that he didn't even notice that they had arrived.
All the members were chatting loudly, excited to discover the dorm, their new house.
Jay got up and followed Jungwon. They started visiting the different rooms, the kitchen, the lounge, the makeup room, and finally their bedroom.
As he arrived last, Jay missed his chance to choose his bed, there was only one unoccupied left, in front of the door. Jay was annoyed.
Does it really have to be this one? The one next to Jungwon is already taken...
I guess it's just a bed, I shouldn't make a big deal about it.

"Guys, since we're all hungry let's eat some chicken, we'll finish visiting after" suggested Heeseung.
No one argued there, the boys were all starving and they also needed their little chicken protein.

After the meal, they decided to watch the first episode of I-land together.

Jay made a quick detour for the toilet, and instantly regretted it. When he arrived in the living room, he found Jungwon sitting between Heeseung and Sunghoon. He decided to sit next to Sunghoon as well. Jay's mood, which was a little better after eating had worsened again. He was tired from all the emotions of the day and he just wanted to spend some time with Jungwon.

They started watching the show and when Jungwon appeared on screen, Jay relaxed his face and smiled a bit. Realizing that, he said "Oh Jungwon" with everyone to cover it up.
They kept watching but the only thing Jay wanted to see was Jungwon's first performance. He remembered being impressed by him since then.
Jay noticed Jungwon standing up and leaving the room. He came back a few minutes later with a bottle of water and this time, he sat back between Sunoo and Jake.
Why would he sit that far away?
Jay started thinking about it when his turn came on the screen. Sunghoon and him started their first performance.
He was so focused on the tv that he didn't notice that Jungwon was looking at him intensely.

After the episode they washed up one after the other and went to bed.
Jake and Sunoo had to wait for a while, because Jungwon locked himself in the bathroom for a long time.
They thought he was taking a very long shower, however the truth was that Jungwon needed a moment to focus.
Watching this first episode had been really upsetting for him. Not only it had brought back memories from his first weeks on Earth, but it also reminded him of when he didn't even know Jay.
A time where he thought he was the strongest creature on Earth, only to discover that he had the biggest soft spot for a human.
He also loved watching Jay reacting to him on screen.
He loved the way he said "Oh, Jungwon".
And that... That was problematic. The young vampire caught himself wanting Jay in front of all the members. He absolutely needed to calm down before going out of the bathroom, otherwise he wouldn't resist temptation during the night.

He took a shower and tried focusing on the warm water on his skin. He brushed his teeth thinking about the letter he wanted to write. He hadn't spoken with his vampire best friend in months, and he wanted to let her know he was doing okay. He finally felt better after washing up. His forbidden thoughts had left his mind.

Jungwon finally got out of the bathroom, receiving some teasing from Sunoo. Jungwon didn't blame him, he had in fact spent a lot of time in there.

Finally Sunoo and Jake got to wash up as well, and they all laid in bed. However, none could fall asleep right away, they were too excited to debut as Enhypen.
After a long time, Jungwon got up from his bed. He was hearing all the members sleeping peacefully, so it was okay.
He was almost at the door when he stepped back. Jay's bed was in front of the door, close to him.
Jay was sleeping on his side, with a hand below the pillow.
A wild dimple appeared on the vampire's face as he got out of the bedroom.

He went to the kitchen, sat down and started to write a letter to Nabi.