SIX ~ face reveal

We arrived in Florida, it was 4 pm. I didn't sleep at all on the flight, while George was lightly snoring beside me. To say I'm exhausted is an understatement. 

We fetched our bags from baggage claim and made our way to the parking garage, where Nick and Clay were waiting on us. George ran to Clay while I made my way to Nick, hugging them. When George moved to Nick I waved a little to Clay, who awkwardly returned the gesture. 

"I'm so fucking excited!" Nick exclaimed.

"Yeah me too. Our things will probably arrive tomorrow or the day after, so is it okay if we stay at your guys' place until then?" George asked.

"For sure! We have a guest room and a couch, so you can fight who will get which," Clay said.

I looked at George, "dips on the room."

"Jas! That isn't fair!"

"I didn't sleep for the whole flight while you were snoring, shut up. And if you want to sleep in a room ask one of your boyfriends," Nick and Clay started laughing at my remarks.

We arrived at their house a bit ago, me getting settled in the guestroom while Clay, Nick and George were talking about something downstairs. I laid on my stomach on the bed, still putting some finishing touches on the vlog. I decided on some music and the visuals were coordinated with them. I'm going to probably keep vlogging like this because I enjoyed it so much. Once I found that the vlog was done, I went downstairs to show George. I was very proud of it and couldn't wait to let him see it. 

"GEORGE!" I yelled while running down the stairs, laptop in hand. 

I turned to the living room where the three boys sat on the sofa. George in the middle, Nick to his left and Clay to his right. They looked as if their mom caught them stealing cookies from the cookie jar.

"I'm sorry," I paused, very confused where I just walked into, "did I interrupt something?"

"No! Uhm, yeah no you're fine," Nick said, not really convincing me.

"George, I wanted to show you the finished vlog I was working on. Some thoughts, maybe some feedback," I smiled at him.

"Of course!" He took the laptop I was offering to him and pressed play. Nick and Clay were watching with him. I stood behind the sofa, my head between Nick's and George's to see where they were in the vlog.

"That was amazing! It was very sharply edited and the music fitted perfectly. It was also quite funny, especially when you pushed George in that mountain of empty boxes," Nick chuckled.

"That was great, want to edit some of my video's? Your probably better at my job than I am," George laughed.

"I'm impressed," Clay said with a small smile, causing me to give a forced smile in return.

"Should I upload it as is? Oh, and what were you guys' plan with streaming and such?"

"Yeah, I would upload it like this. With streaming and announcing were here, we could wait for our stuff to arrive or stream on Nick's or Clay's set up."

"I would say, announce it now, so they know that you guys are busy with moving and won't be that active on social media for a bit," Nick said.

"I agree, by the way, I was thinking to face reveal when you did your announcement stream. It's a lot easier and wanted I've to do it for a bit of time now," Clay said.

"Only if your sure," George said.

"Yeah, I am."

"Okay, eat some diner then stream?" Everybody agreed so we order some pizza.

"Hello everybody! As you guys can probably see, this is not my usual set-up," George announced to the stream. Nick and Clay were still out of frame, while I was sitting beside George.

"That's because we moved, were still busy but our stuff isn't here yet. We thought we'd announce it, do a small Q&A and for the next few days or week, we will be settling down," George added.

"Right now we are not at our house, we're actually at our neighbours. So I wanted to introduce them to you!" I said with a smile, I saw Clay in the corner of my eye shoot a nervous glance towards Nick, who gave him a reassuring nod. 

 "These are our neighbours, Nick and Clay!" They both entered the frame. The chat was going absolutely insane. They both greeted the stream and I saw Clay's nerves disappear as he saw the chat.

"So, surprise! Face reveal time!" Clay stated with a chuckle. He was sat beside me, much to my disliking. Chat was asking a few questions and complementing the hell out of Clay as if he needed the ego boost.

We were answering questions here and there, clearing up some misconceptions. It was pretty fun, except for when Clay put his arm casually around my shoulder. I was trying to be kind of nice so that the stream wouldn't be a total shit show, but he took it too far.

"I'm going to the restroom," I announced, standing up to let Clay's arm fall off my shoulder and went to the bathroom. I walked by the guestroom I was staying in to see how the rendering of my video was going. It was at 80%, so I could probably upload it after the stream. The door of the room opened and I turned around, to see Clay entering.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable," he stated.

"Well you did, that I'm nice to you on stream doesn't mean I actually like you."

"You don't have to like me, but tolerating would be nice," I've never heard Clay sound so sincere and like an actually ok human being. But I'm already pissed off, so I don't really care. I walked out of the room into Sapnaps' room where they were streaming.

An hour and a half later we ended stream. 

The day after our stuff arrived and George and I got to unpacking, giving everything a place, and for me, decorating. It was all slowly coming together, it was starting to feel like a home instead of a house. But it wasn't my home yet, just a home.

[written: september 24th 2021]