Something doesn't seem right...

Waiting for Yashiro to fall asleep is relatively easy, the only problem is I have a feeling in my gut telling me I shouldn't leave her side tonight. Maybe those dreams have been getting to me more than I thought. Before I leave I kiss her on the forehead causing her to smile in her sleep.

"I'm sorry I have to leave but I'll be right back. I promise." I whisper, looking back at her before slipping out of the apartment.

Once I find myself in a empty street I snap my fingers and transform into my grim reaper form. I set aside all of my worries and focus on the one thing I came here for.

The truth.

After passing through the purplish portal I summon, I find Akane on the other side waiting for me.

"Looks like you finally made it." He says tapping his watch.

"I had things I had to do, now lets go."

"So why are we looking for Mitsuba?"

"Because Kou-kun said he knew him."

"So what? He knew him when he was in his human form?" Akane scoffs. "Not the first time an exorcist has met a grim reaper and had no clue they weren't human."

"That's the thing, Kou-kun knew Mitsuba before he became a grim reaper." He stops abruptly and looks at me like I'm insane.

"Woah, woah, woah, are you suggesting what I think you are?"

"I think he used to be human before he was a grim reaper."

"But that doesn't make any sense, we were made by the higher ups to be grim reapers and that's all we have ever been."

"I'm not sure, but Kou-kun telling me he had a childhood friend who looked and acted just like the Mitsuba we know died about the same time the Mitsuba we know became a grim reaper is too much of a coincidence to not look into."

"That's fair." He nods then turns to me. "Do you even know where he is at the moment?"

"I know he helps Tsuchigomori with the death records so he should probably be in the record room." He nods and we continue walking and ducking past any grim reapers who might recognize us. 

"So I've been thinking lately and I was wondering if the bet we made is still on or not." Akane randomly says.

"I thought it was obvious that the bet was off the second I showed any feelings for Yashiro."

"I just had to make sure, because there is no way I'm ever hurting Aoi-chan."

"Oh trust me I know." Akane doesn't say a word about my comment and instead points to the right of us.