36

March 10th, 3 days after the attack and the crash

Peters POV

I shot up in bed. I looked around and found the old concrete walls surrounding me. I began to breath harder and my vision blurred; I ran my hands over my face, closing my eyes tight, feeling the stinging in my arms as I did. I could feel the temperature dropping and rubbed at my arms wanting for it to not be real. When I reopened my eyes I found myself in a room with no windows, but the walls were bathed in a dim light instead of dark shadows.

I started looking around only to find an exhausted looking Tony asleep in a chair keeping his distance and Harley asleep on a still awake Bucky across the room.

"Hey, take it easy" Bucky spoke quietly and I winced at how loud it sounded, then the stinging came back to my arms.

I looked down at my arms to fine the stinging source, seeing that I was now tugging on the I.V cord by being so close to the edge of the bed, I don't remember it being as painful last time. I backed up a bit more into the pillows, soothing it. Bucky came up next to me and helped me get comfortable again as my thoughts swallowed me.

What have I done?

I looked back at Bucky, his mouth moved but my ears didn't register the syllables forming. The heartbeat monitor seemed to speed up as more of what happened came back in flashes.

I felt a shift in my vision, the edges having me see double. I felt sticky and looked at my hands, the only clear image being the blood dripping from the tips of my finger to my elbow onto who knows what. I felt the burning of the I.V slide out of my skin and despite the blood I quickly grabbed at the source, only to find Bucky when I looked up locking eyes with him, now noticing Bruce a couple feet behind him.

Everything seemed to slow down, the edges of my vision going a deep shade of purple. I heard my name for what sounded like the millionth time, I closed my eyes once again to try to make it go away bringing my hands to my face but then remembered the blood. I looked back at my hands to find Buckys  hands holding mine, making me realize that someone was wrapped around my side the best they could.

I looked to my left to fine Tony pulling me into a hug the best he could, his scent finally made it to my senses making my muscles relax and finally be able to see clearly again.

"I'm sorry," I croaked out to Tony and he gave me a small smile and continued to hug me.

Nat walked in with a glass of water and what looked like sweats and my hoodie. I pulled away from Tony, him being reluctant to let go. Then got out of buckys grasp and grabbed the glass of water Nat was trying to hand me.

I downed the water and gave Nat a hug thanking her for bringing my clothes and the water. I slowly began taking the rest of the monitors off carefully needing minimal help, then got up and grabbed the clothes from Nat as I tried to walk as steady as I could into the connected bathroom, closing the door behind me.

My hearing must be sensitive right now because I heard the hushed conversation shared between Nat, Tony and Bucky.
I took of all the medical tape where they had been holding in the I.Vs for fluids and heart monitor on me and took the hospital gown off, quickly throwing on my hoodie and sweats.

"We have to be careful. We don't know what could happen if we caused an actual anxiety attack or he gets angry." Nat said tensed

"You sound as if he's a ticking time boom, you saw for yourself. He might be a little groggy but he's in control of himself and doesn't need to be monitored more than he already is. Of course theirs gonna be repercussions after the crash, they would be for anybody. " Tony said and Bucky hummed, Im guessing in agreement. I waited for a second to walk out of the bathroom before calling out to Tony