Part One

Alan Harris had grown up so much in Candace's eyes. He had come a long way from the little boy she found in one of the New York dimensions, having lost his family in an alien invasion. He and Candace traveled together most of his life, and while she only garnered a few extra wrinkles on her beautifully aging face, Alan had grown into quite the handsome young man.

 He and Candace traveled together most of his life, and while she only garnered a few extra wrinkles on her beautifully aging face, Alan had grown into quite the handsome young man

It made her wonder how much longer he could go on journeying with her. In a few days, it would be his twentieth birthday. He already showed signs of edginess since turning eighteen, but Candace only presumed it to be the usual teen angst. Now she knew better. Alan eventually had to live his own life.

Beeping from her TARDIS control console diverted her attention away from Alan and onto something rare: "There's another TARDIS following us in the dimensional corridor."

"That ain't possible, is it?" Alan questioned. "I mean, yours is the only one I know."

Even Candace was uncertain herself.

When she brought the other TARDIS up on the monitor, they discovered it was a much rounder model with a sleek white body, a window, and a door on one side. Candace had never seen such a TARDIS before, nor had she ever met the pilot. He requested an open channel with her and she granted it.

            The intimidating yet friendly face of a bald black man popped up on her console monitor

The intimidating yet friendly face of a bald black man popped up on her console monitor. He smiled in satisfaction when he noticed Candace. "Good to see you again, baby girl!" he cheered. "You've grown so much since I last saw you!"

"You know this dude?" Alan asked Candace.

"Not to my knowledge," Candace remarked.

The gentleman on the monitor shook his head foolishly. "Of course you don't recognize me. You weren't there when I regenerated. It was shortly after the Doctor took you away from the farm."

Following on that context, Candace's eyes inflamed with recognition. "Pop?!"

"Pop?" Alan repeated questionably. "This is your dad? My grandad?" He then looked on the live feed of the bald gentleman and stated, "But he's a brotha!"