Part Two

Elmo and Scooby-Doo were the only ones spared from being apprehended by the Gotham City Police, both following Fred's orders to stay by the Mystery Machine. When the sound of gunshots erupted in the air, Elmo was terrified but Scooby kept the furry, red little monster safe (to the best of his ability). The moment the police arrived, they hid in the shadows. The Mystery Machine was impounded by the police, leaving Scooby and Elmo with no other choice but to follow them on foot – Elmo riding on Scooby-Doo's back.

            They arrived a half hour later at the location of the GCPD headquarters, standing secluded within an alley across from the entrance. "Elmo and Scooby gotta do something to help," Elmo suggested. "Elmo and Scooby's friends are innocent."

            "Rut do re do?" Scooby asked

            As the furry red monster and the Great Dane pondered on a plan, they heard a vehicle pull up behind them, shining its headlights on them both. Because of the blinding lights, they couldn't tell what type of car it was, nor could they see the person that stepped out of it and approached them.

-----------------------

            "I wanna have a word with your boss! We're innocent! We did nothing wrong!"

            Alan couldn't stop staring at the new woman his mother had become – through the process of regeneration. There she was, shouting through the bars of the jail cell that she, Mystery Inc., Skeeta, and Alan himself were placed in. No one was outside to hear the pleas of Candace...or the woman who used to be Candace.

            "At least let one of us have a phone call," she demanded.

            "Who are we gonna call?" Skeeta asked her.

            She momentarily turned to tell her father, "I can pull a few strings. I've been to Gotham City before."

            "You've been to a Gotham City, not this Gotham City," Skeeta stressed.

            She merely waved off his emphasis and said, "They're all the same to me." She then returned to the bars, just as a couple of on-duty officers passed by. "Oh, oh! Officers! There's been a huge mistake. You see, we're innocent."

            "Heard that one before," one of the officers mocked to the jeer of his partner.

            "But it's the truth!" Neas roared. "Let us out!"

            "Cool your jets, Mulan," the other officer said. "You'll get to call your lawyer."

            Neas cringed at the name he addressed her as. "Mulan? My name's Candace."

"