MY TYPE

Y/N POV-

As the old school bell rings I drag myself to class. I like having the school bell as a reminder to be on time for class even if I do resent the tinny ring.

Two in the afternoon, my last lecture of the day, my last lecture of every day Monday through Friday. Mr Barnes, Russian language, a difficult class but one I only take for the sake of it.

Mr Barnes is a private man with an old soul, old fashioned in his ways but nonetheless an incredible teacher. He has his flaws, he's always giving excess homework, difficult exams and he's not always the nicest but he's never late, never normally late.

I screw my eyes shut tight before opening them again in a strange attempt to wake myself up, now starting to regret staying up till the early hours the night before. I watch the minute hand tick as the time slowly drags by, still no sign of Mr Barnes.

I slightly nudge the girl next to me, I've not spoken to her much but when we do speak she's nice. She lifts her eyes from her phone screen. "Umhum," she hums.

"Is Mr Barnes in today?" I ask.

"Wouldn't know I haven't seen him if he is in. It's not like him to be late he's probably just busy... meeting or something?" She shrugs.

"Probably... so we should probably just wait for him to get here... right?" I question.

She nods her head "may as well, I'm staying here. I've got nothing else to do so I'll stick around for the next half hour if he shows up great and if not I'll leave. We can grab coffee together or something if you'd like? Unless you have something you'd rather do," she smiles.

"No that sounds nice, we'll wait and if he doesn't show up we'll grab a coffee."

She furrows her brows "I don't think I know your name, we've spoken a couple of times but if I'm right we never introduced ourselves."

"Oh, yeah I guess we never did," I shrug "I'm Y/N I'm 19, this is my first year."

She smiles sweetly as she tucks her blond hair behind her ear. "Cute name," she nods "I'm Tessa, it's not short for anything it's just Tessa I'm 18 this is also my first year," she laughs quietly.

"So, how come you took Russian?" I ask.

"I've got some Russian heritage somewhere so I figured I'd take the class, I didn't know what else to do. I thought the Russian heritage would give me an advantage, it doesn't," she answers.

I laugh quietly "yeah the language isn't exactly easy."

"Easy! The letters look like a science equation gone wrong. Anyway, it's not too bad, Mr Barnes isn't half bad to look at," she shrugs.

"I'd never thought of it that way, I guess he's just not my type," I admit.

"To be honest I'm pretty sure his looks are the reason 90% of this class are here and I don't blame them."

I shrug "he's cute I guess but still not really my type."

"Your type is?" She questions curiously.

I look over the room unsure of how to answer her question until I see the doors swing open. Red hair, green eyes, white shirt, black slacks, straight face plain of emotion, terrifying authority in her stare, completely and utterly breathtaking. I gulp as her eyes lock with mine, somehow noticing my staring more than the rest of the curious students.

"Her," I whisper.

Tessa giggles quietly, trying to suppress the urge to burst out laughing "pick your jaw up Y/N," she teases.