RAIN

Y/N POV-

I walk out of the lecture hall to see Tessa with her back leaned against the wall waiting for me. "Was everything okay?" She asks.

I nod my head "yeah she just wanted to ask me about my work and stuff like that."

"Oh, well she seems nice enough," Tessa shrugs as she pushes herself off the wall.

"So where are we heading?" I ask.

"There's a coffee place just over the road."

"Oh okay," I nod.

Side by side we walk over the coffee shop, fancy exterior, classy interior and surprisingly reasonable prices, since when does that happen?

"So what do you think happened to Mr Barnes?" I ask Tessa as we take a seat inside the coffee shop, two steaming cups in front of us.

"I'm not sure... maybe he's on paternity leave," she shrugs.

"Paternity leave? I didn't know he was having a baby."

"I'm just making guesses, I'm pretty sure he's got a girlfriend. He could plausibly be on paternity leave," Tessa laughs.

"What if he was in a serious accident or something."

"At this point who knows but Professor Romanoff seems nice enough so I'm sure class will be just like normal."

The mere sound of her name sent my thoughts spiralling back to her lecture, the one I paid so little attention to.

Distracted by the thought of Professor Romanoff, lost in my own head it took me a second to realise she had just walked through the doors of the coffee shop, side by side with one of the other Professors at the university.

"Speak of the devil," Tessa whispers.

My eyes stay focused on my professor, while her green eyes uncomfortably burn my skin as she gazes over me, a proud smirk on her lips as she watches me cross my legs, clear my throat and poorly attempt to pull my attention back to Tessa.

What was only thirty maybe forty-five seconds felt like a lifetime as she walked through those doors over to her seat.

"Huh?" I say.

"Speaking of the devil, it's a saying you say when someone you're talking about walks into the room, in this case, Professor Romanoff," Tessa explains.

"No, I know what speak of the devil means I was just distracted."

"By who? Professor Romanoff?" She questions teasingly.

"Very funny, anyway can we change the topic, please?" I roll my eyes playfully.

"Sure sure, there's a party on Friday I wasn't going to go but if you need something to do we could go together," Tessa shrugs.

I nod my head "I'll see what I'm doing but I might go for a bit."

My eyes wander off around the room to Professor Romanoff. As Tessa and I talk I take intermittent breaks between watching my professor and my friend.

I look down at my cup and the slight residue of coffee at the bottom of the mug. "I should probably get going soon," I say as I finally stop my gazes at Professor Romanoff.