WHERE YOU BELONG pt2

Y/N POV-

It's hard to sit through a lecture on a normal day, it's worse when you've been so unbelievably distracted you hardly remember being there at all.

Monday was Monday and I remember that and now it's Friday and all the events in between feel blurry except for the ones with her because she is worth remembering.

Text messages:

Tessa: So you're coming to the party with me?

Y/N: yeah, I'll meet you there though. I've got something to do first

Tessa: okay do you have a ride?

Y/N: I'm ubering

Tessa: you sure?

Y/N: yeah, I'll text you when I'm close

To wear a dress or to not wear a dress, the debate of the century. On one hand, it's short, it's hot, it's black and I like it. On the other hand, it's freezing.

Either way at this point the dress is on and I don't have much time to find another outfit. Just as I reach for the zipper at the back of my dress there's a knock at my door. Natasha.

"I'm coming!" I yell out as I rush to the door.

I open the door, Natasha's here holding my clothes that I'd lent her. "I did tell you I was coming by to drop these off."

She looked perfect as always but her eyes were slightly bloodshot like she'd been crying. 

I nod my head "yeah no I know thank you," I reach forward to take my things from her arms, the strap of my dress falls down my shoulder slightly.

"Are you-" she cuts me off "umhum." Whatever had happened it was something she has no interest in telling me and I have to respect that so I brush it off. 

"While you're here would you mind zipping me up please," I ask as I turn around. I set my things down as she walks through my front door.

She clears her throat "sure." She places one hand on the zipper and the other against the small of my back as she zips the dress up. I can feel her breath, heavy, on my back while her hands linger in place even after she's done. I could relax back into her arms right now if I let myself, correction, if she'd just let me.

She reaches for the fallen strap of my dress and pulls it onto my shoulder, her fingertip sends shivers down my spine as it grazes against my skin.

I turn around slowly to face her. "Thank you." She nods her head "so you're going out?"

"Just a party thing with Tessa, are you doing anything?" I ask awkwardly.

"Mr Barnes' things are still all over my office so I think I'm going to clear up there, redecorate or something."

"You're not going home?"

She shakes her head "no, this needs to be done, it's bugging me."

"Oh okay well thank you for dropping my things off," I smile sheepishly.

She nods her head "no problem," she pauses as she walks closer to the door "oh, Y/N you look good, please be safe."

I walk closer to her smiley and happy, her simple words lifting my mood dramatically"there you go again, caring about my safety."