CURIOUS

Y/N POV-

Is it possible to feel so safe with someone you hardly know, to invite them into your home, to want to invite them into your life despite knowing nothing about them?

Natasha follows behind me as I potter around the kitchen, opening and closing the cabinet doors to try and find something, anything that resembles edible food.

"It's your lucky day, I have box mac n cheese," I turn the cardboard box around to see the label "and not the good kind."

"You offered me dinner and you don't even have food?" she raises her brow questioningly.

"I have food just not good food," I sigh.

"We can make this work," she smiles.

I start emptying the box out into the pan with the necessary ingredients cooking the pasta over the hob.

Lighting crashes, lighting up my kitchen reminding me of just how lucky I am to be inside. "And to think if you'd gone home you'd be left alone in that," I say pointing to the rain now spitting at my window, ferociously bouncing off the glass panes.

She nods her head "I like the lighting when I'm inside though, something about the way the world turns chaos and yet inside we lie in bed, wrapped up in blankets completely secluded from the thunder and lightning. A reminder that inside your own four walls it's just you and nobody knows what you're doing nor do they care to find out, not when what's going on outside in the real world is far more important."

I nod my head "really puts things into perspective there are so many more pressing matters for people to worry about than the things we do and the menial mistakes we make."

"Exactly nobody cares what you're doing when electric bolts are firing down at you," she hums.

True.

"Umhum."

"Where do you keep your seasonings?" Natasha asks.

Standing just to the side of the oven, I point to the cupboard above my head. "There's a box of them in here."

Natasha nods her head making her way closer to me holding onto my hip to keep herself steady as she balances on her tiptoes to reach the seasonings. Her front presses to mine as my heart pounds.

She sets some of the jars of spices down behind me as she falls down from her tiptoes. Her body grazing against mine, her head now level with mine, her eyes staring at me I struggle to breathe. My breath trapped in the back of my throat I simply can't take my eyes off her.

My own lust stricken face reflects in her crystallised eyes. Wanting, daring, begging to move close to her.

I can see it dancing behind her eyes, the way I'm looking at her scares her, the way she's looking at me might even scare her more.

Her hand still on my waist she doesn't move for a moment until she does. She clears her throat as she steps away from me, her face panic-stricken, her breaths shaky.

"This is too far Y/N," she whispers.

I look at her confusedly waiting for her to elaborate.

"I can't be here, I can't be close to you like that it's not okay and I'm so sorry for putting you in this position," she explains as she gathers her things from around my apartment while I follow behind her.

"Natasha, it's okay, it's fine. I'm okay I want you here and you have nothing to be sorry for."

"I have paperwork to fill out and papers to mark if you could just unlock the door I'll drop your clothes off tomorrow evening, I shouldn't have come back here. I appreciate your offer but I shouldn't be here," she sighs, stress laced in her voice.