Prologue

It happened when I was in school. Everyone was screaming. Students were attacking others. Eating them. I wanted to find my older sister and brother. I was running through the halls away from that. I turned the corner and saw her. Becca. She was on the ground ripping the flesh off of her best friend Natalie. I screamed and she turned towards me. I saw she was missing a chunk out of her shoulder and her brown eyes were replaced. Red veins running through them. She had blood all over her hands and face. She stood up quickly and started running towards me. I turned and started running away from her. I ran into a guy in a military uniform.
"Run" he said grabbing my hand pulling me along with him away from her. We passed so many students eating other students. They all stopped running after us. We made it to the doors and ran out to the military jeep. We got in the back and they took off.
"What the hell was that?" I demanded.
"The dead" he replied.
"My sister ripped that girl apart and came after me" I responded.
"You're safe now" he said. I looked back at the school watching them all try to run after us. I pulled my legs to my chest and put my head on my knees.
"Surviving is the only thing that matters now against them" he said. I didn't say anything. Just keep looking in the direction of the school where my sister was and possibly my brother. Tears started falling down my cheeks.
"What's your name?" He asked.
"Angelina Monroe" I answered. He lightly smiled at me.
"My names James. Sargent James Roberts" he replied.