twenty-two

Elvion POV

I never thought I would actually get married but then again I never thought most things that had occured since leaving Rivendell would happen.

I've been alone today, up until now, getting washed and dressed. I didn't want to wear anything overwhelmingly elaborate. The full length formal robes are such a light blue it's basically white. Silver threads of embroidery run up the high collar and outline the sides of the tunic. I've fixed my circlet on my head and my mother's ring is on my right hand now. I've given Aragorn back his ring but it's just so he can give it back to me again today. I strap my sword to my side. I know I don't need it, but I feel more like myself with it.

Legolas enters the room without knocking. He's dressed nicely in a dark green tunic.

"You look like you're glowing." He says, smiling widely.

"Is it too much?" I ask, worried and he laughs at me and my nervousness. 

"No. I meant that you feel like you're glowing. I can see the happiness when I look at you. If anything, you're underdressed for a wedding for a king." He reassures me.

"Good." I do not want to feel like I'm getting married to a king, I want to feel like I'm getting married to Aragorn. 

"Shall we go?" He asks. I glance around to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. "Oh and I was meant to give you this."

He hands me a brooch. It's a simple silver circle and engraved on the inside is the tree of gondor. I fix it to my robes right where my collar bones meet. I nod at Legolas and we leave.

I think I'm far more excited than  I am nervous. I get there before Aragorn. We chose the steps just outside the great hall, the same place the coronation will be tomorrow, but only our friends and family are here for the wedding. There is no walking anyone down the aisle, it's just Gandalf standing in the middle of the top step.

Everyone is chatting and laughing as I climb the steps and stop on the one just below Gandalf. They all fall silent and I look out at the people I care about.

"You all can keep talking." I say, giving them a look. Gimli's laugh rolls over the group.

"I think" Legolas says as he walks down the steps, "They just think you look good."

I shake my head at him. There's this frenzied energy in the air and it feels like the world is only our bubble of family and friends. 

"You look like her." My father says from just below me. "What I mean is that she glowed the same way you do when we got married."

"Thank you." He smiles at me and I could swear he has tears in his eyes but I'm quickly distracted by Aragorn, who walks up the steps.

He's dressed in a white tunic that goes to his knees. It's intricately embroidered with white thread. He has a long cloak which is the same light blue as my tunic. It's pinned around his neck with a brooch matching mine. I can't help but notice he brought his sword as well.

Aragorn meets me on the steps just in front of Gandalf. The small crowd has gone silent again.

"Why is it that we bring our swords?" He asks under his breath.

"I mean there are really two options, either fight to the death or get married."I reply and he laughs loudly.

"I'll take the second choice."

"I suppose that would be fine with me as well. 

"If you two are quite done." Gandalf says with a smile.